VIP Table [chapter 12]

"Can you make me another paper crown?" Chiyo asked you, pulling on the leg of your pants and staring up at you with sparkles in her eyes, "They're really cool!"

You squatted down, patting her head with a smile before nodding, "Sure thing!"

Chiyo let out an excited squeal before grabbing your hand and dragging you to one of the arts and crafts tables. The one the kids knew as the fancy one, meaning only the VIP children were aloud to do their crafts there.

Now, who decided to make that rule up? No idea, but neither you nor Tendou found anything wrong with it since it meant one less table you would have to clean up before you left for the day.

"Welcome to the VIP table," one of the kids greeted. They were in a shirt tuxedo, you know, like the one the guy wore in the "Rude" music video. He had on a pair of jeans and plastic sunglasses as well.

You bit your tongue in attempts to hold back any laughs, though a chuckle did manage to escape your lips. You took a seat at the table, bending your knees up in a slightly uncomfortable position to fit in the chair.

You watched another girl scurry around after Chiyo had asked her to get some purple construction paper along with a pair of scissors. You said a small thank you once the girl set down the materials in front of you, receiving a nod from her before she ran off to take a "break from work" to play with her friends.

You got to work on the paper crown almost immediately, your hands going into autopilot as your mind paid no attention to what you were doing. You and Chiyo had a conversation, like an actual 'how was your day?' little chit chat.

"Excuse me, but I would like to know what exactly is going on right here," Tendou said, hands placed on his hips as Buddy stood in front of him in the same pose.

"Yeah," Buddy nodded in agreement.

"First off, since when we're the two of you friends? Second, ask nicely.  And third, why is it any of your business?" you sassed.

Tendou gasped dramatically, putting a finger up in an over dramatic gesture, "No need to be all sassy with me!"

Buddy rolled his eyes, "Can you please tell us what you are doing?"

"Since someone," you emphasized, looking directly at Tendou when you said that, "knows how to actually ask nicely, I suppose I can tell you what exactly it is that we are doing."

"She's making me a paper crown!" Chiyo chirped excitedly, "Come sit with us!"

"She's making you a paper crown?" Tendou repeated, sitting down in the chair next to you, "Why didn't you ask me instead? I'm great at making crowns..."

"Look Satori, my parents told me to never tell a lie," Chiyo started to say, moving so she was standing up on her chair. She placed her hand on Tendou's shoulder before speaking again, "So i'm going to be completely honest with you."

"Oh no," Tendou mumbled, scared of what might come out of the little girl's mouth next.

"Y/n is way better at making paper crowns than you," she informed. She added something on when she saw Tendou deflate, "It doesn't mean you're not good. Y/n is just a tiny bit better."

"Nah," Buddy shook his head, eyes stuck on your hands as he watched you assemble the crown, "Y/n's better by a lot."

"Well that's offensive," Tendou muttered, slouching down to try and make Buddy feel somewhat guilty.

"Oh, really?" Buddy monotoned, his eyes still trained on your eyes, "Too bad I don't care."

"And he's back," you whistled when hearing Buddy's retort.

"You little runt," Tendou hissed, sending a glare Buddy's way, though the six year old shrugged him off.

"Ah yes, the best friends in the whole world," Chiyo nodded her head, a pleasant smile on her face as she slowly nodded her head and gestured between Buddy and Tendou.

"She hangs around us too much," you whispered to Tendou. It was a shock to both of you that she said such a thing, especially when she was the kindest girl ever when Tendou first met her.

"Yeah..." he mumbled, "That's my bad."

The four of you talked about random things, you and Tendou making sure to keep everything PG. You ended up finishing the crown in less than ten minutes, setting it atop Chiyo's head once you finished. You adjusted her hair before patting her on the back.

"I'm the queen and Buddy is the prince," Chiyo declared, "Because my mom always says 'You don't need no king to be a queen!'."

You and Tendou looked at each other, impressed with the saying. Buddy nodded his head in agreement. Chiyo was slowly molding him into becoming a feminist. It was quite cute.

"I respect your mom," Tendou hummed.

"Thank you Sa-to-ri. I'll tell her you said that!" Chiyo chirped before grabbing Buddy's hand and running off somewhere in the room with him.

This left you and Tendou alone. Tendou was still thinking about the little cuddle session that happened a few days ago. Meanwhile, you were oblivious to the fact the two of you had done such thing, your mind being focused on cleaning up the small mess that you had left over.

"Hey, Tendou?" you asked, breaking the semi-awkward silence that had settled over the two of you.

"Yes?" he perked up, biting his tongue and pulling himself out of his thoughts. Now wasn't the time for him to be thinking of such things.

"Can you put these scissors in that cup behind you?" you asked, handing him the pair of scissors you had been using earlier.

He accepted the object and turned around to the cup you had asked him to put the scissors in, "Sure thing."

You got up, wiping off your pants from anything that might've gotten on them while you were sitting down. You let out a sigh before moving away from the "VIP" table.

"How was your time at the table? Is there anything we need to improve on? Faster service maybe?" one of the kids rushed up to you after seeing you had left the table.

You looked down at them amused, bending down and patting their head, "It was awesome."

"Yes!" they cheered before scurrying off to their friends.

"Did you hear that? Did you hear that! Ms. Y/n said it was awesome!" they exclaimed happily, earning a chorus of cheers from the people who were "operating" the table.

You chuckled before going off to the book area to go read to whatever kids that wanted to join you.