Picture [chapter 11]

The current time was midnight, and Tendou and you were still taking that "break". Neither one of you had woken up from your nap yet, so the current time was unknown to both of you. Along with the fact that it was now officially past curfew, meaning Tendou wouldn't be able to walk back to his dorm without the risk of being caught.

Your head was placed on Tendou's chest, Tendou's arms draping over your figure like a huge blanket. Though it might have been helpful that there was an actual blanket covering the two of you. Tendou let out light snores, his chest falling up and down while he held you close to him.

Tendou would mumble in his sleep, making funny sounds and letting out laughs. Or he would whimper and hold you tighter. His reactions were cute, but unluckily for you, you were sleeping along with him so you had no idea of such things.

And though things were nice and both of you were getting good sleep in, you were awoken by the sound of someone knocking on the door.

Tendou let a small groan, looking around the dark room blankly before attempting to get up, only to hear a muffled voice letting out a protest. And that was the moment he remembered the little break he was supposed to take.

He looked down to see you peacefully sleeping on his chest, a small smile appearing on his face when he saw this. But then he realized he was cuddling with you which made his face heat up, turning almost as red as his hair.

His arms were still wrapped securely around you. He really didn't know what to do, but eventually decided if he had went through confrontation in the morning anyways if he went back to sleep he would have some time to maybe think of what to say. And he was about to go back to sleep, until he heard another, more forceful, knock on the door.

"Ah shit..." he mumbled.

Now he had to get up.

Tendou carefully removed his arms from around you, placing your head delicately down on the pillow he was using so it could be a substitute for him until he got back. He tiptoed to the door, being mindful not to step on any of his books as he silently made his way over to the door.

He unlocked it and opened the wood, only to see an Ushijima with his fist raised to knock on the door again.

"Ushi, it is," Tendou started to say, looking back in your room and at the digital clock that sat on your nightstand, "past midnight. What the heck are you doing here?"

"I did not know you weren't going to be coming back to our room. Please excuse me being inconsiderate about the time," Ushijima said, "But I got, what's the word? Lonely? — without your presence in the room."

Tendou looked at the man dumbfounded. He had no clue what to feel. Though it was definitely between rage for the male waking him up from his peaceful slumber, pride for being able to make Ushijima feel lonely, or sympathy for making his best friend feel so lonely.

"I—" Tendou just continued to stare, trying to come up with an appropriate response. "I'll just get my stuff and we can go back to our room. Give me a couple of minutes."

"Ok," Ushijima responded, moving out of the way of the door and to the side of the wall as he slid down it so he was sitting on his buttox.    (akz8hzsjabsiam)

Letting out a sigh, Tendou shut the door back and got to packing up his stuff. He double checked to make sure he grabbed everything and packed it in his bag before walking back over to you.

He looked down at you with a smile, bending down and pressing a kiss onto your forehead. He caressed your cheek before pulling away from you and walking off to your door.

"Sweat dreams," Tendou hummed quietly before walking out of your room and closing your door, making sure it was locked before he walked off. "Let's go Waka-waka!"

"Alright," the olive haired male got up from his spot at the wall and followed after his red haired friend.

Tendou had already memorized the pattern of the hall monitors who made sure everyone was in their dorms, making it easy for him to make it back to his dorm. Upon arriving, he threw his bag into the chair of his desk.

"Thank you for coming back to the room with me," Ushijima said to Tendou, sliding back under his covers after he discarded his shoes.

"Yeah, no problem," Tendou tried to sound happy about it, though in all honesty he would rather have spent the night with you and have to experience an awkward conversation in the morning.

He changed into his pajamas before turning off the lights in his room. He climbed up the ladder of the bunk bed he and Ushijima shared.

"Good night Wakatoshi," Tendou mumbled after getting in a comfortable position under his covers.

"Good night, Tendou," Ushijima said back before drifting off to sleep.

And the same would have happened to Tendou if it had not been for you and him cuddling literally no less than 30 minutes prior. He stared up at his ceiling with a blush on his face.

When he heard soft snores below him, he started to talk to himself. While still staring at his ceiling, he reached out towards it for no apparent reason. He just had a strange urge to do it.

"I know I like her, but does she like me..." Tendou mumbled, brows furrowed in thought. "She has shown some interest in me, right? Or was she just trying to be nice?"

Tendou let out a sigh, turning in bed so he was facing the wall. He pulled his covers up further. The red head stared at his wall blankly, looking at the random doodles he had hung up. They were mostly things the kids from the daycare drew him, though one of them stood out the most.

It was a picture Chiyo had drawn of him, you, her, and Buddy. The stick figures were absolutely awful, but it's the thought that counts. In the picture, you and him were holding hands and Chiyo was pushing Buddy on a swing set, or at least that's what she had told him when Chiyo gave him the drawing.

He didn't really pay much attention to anything about the picture, only the poorly drawn nubs that represented you and Tendou holding hands. Tendou removed his hand out from under his covers, his fingers brushing the piece of paper. A small smile made it's way onto his lips, though he quickly wiped it away.

"What the hell? This is literally just a drawing," Tendou said once the realization hit him, "Stop being weird Tendou."

"—He says as he is talking to himself."

"Oh, shut up."

"And he's still talking to himself."