☠︎ CHAPTER EIGHT ☠︎

The Captain was twisting and turning in his bed. He tried to sleep, but he seemed unable too sleep.

You, the person who fate has chosen to stumble upon this tale, have a question coming from me.

Remember that saying I told you the Captain seemed to hate because pirates cannot fall in love and he was one of said pirates.

He stopped twisting and turning as he remembered the saying.

'I don't believe in magic.'
Th young boy said.
The old man smiled.
'You will, when you see her.'

He remember his father telling him the saying. Apparently, it was passed down to every male Potter in the Potter bloodline and every male Potter happened to fall in love with a girl that has hair the embodiment of fire itself.

He remembered his talk with Dorcas, his talk with Sirius, even his talk with Remus. The only talk, or rather actions is the correct word to use in this particular situation, that stuck was his training session with the princess today...

"Did I do well?" asked the princess, not moving from her place.

"You used weapons I didn't think I'd see you use this early on in our sessions," said the Captain. Maybe there was a slight awe in his voice.

"I'm glad I exceeded your expectations," grinned the princess a wide grin at the Captain of the ship.

"You should be proud," said James. "Not a lot are able to do that. Hell, maybe none were able to do that."

"Then I guess you haven't seen a lot of people, Captain."

"I am a pirate, Princess," laughed James.

He made her laugh when he was a person who hasn't laughed in a long while.

He stood up from bed, making the blanket fly away, and made sure he was dressed like the pirate he is.

He grabbed the door and opened it, shutting it right behind him.

If he couldn't sleep with all these thoughts running around his mind, he might as well watch the stars and talk to them, hoping for them to listen to the worries he cannot tell anyone else.

The Captain of The Snitch switched with his crew member and got the duty to stir the wheel. If he cannot sleep, he might as well be doing some part of duty.

He found himself wide awake with no hint of sleep in his eyes. If he found himself with no sleep, the Captain decided to always do any type of work to busy himself with.

He was stirring the wheel of The Snitch and letting the night's wind run through his unruly hair,

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

The redhead woke up from a restless non-sleep sleep trial she was trying. Unfortunately, her trial of sleep was a failure.

She huffed a huff of irritation and closed her eyes, having another trial. She tried to strike a deal with the sleep fairy, but the sleep fairy seemed to not be taking any deals for the night. She seemed to be out of order for the night, getting her own sleep.

She tried everything when trying to sleep. She tried all the ways and all the different positions of sleep, but none seemed to work.

She stood up on her knees on the poor conditioned bed and looked through the small hole she dug a while long ago when she never decided to leave her room and wanted to know what time it was.

Looking through the small hole, she noticed that a very thin line - almost unseen - of light was starting to show. It was still the night sky and the stars was showing, but the sun was about to start its fight for its time to shine.