Chapter Eight - The Magisters

Start from the beginning

          He furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean?" he asked, trying to look innocent.

          "You know something I don't, but you don't want to tell me," I answered, tightening my grip slowly. "Remekiah, tell me what you know or I will--"

          "Ssss...afia!" he screamed, squirming in my tight grip. "I... can't... breathe!"

          My eyes widened. I released loosened my grip as soon as I realized my grip was too tight, making him slide down my hand and land on the bed. Running my fingers through my hair, I sighed. Oh, my. I was too determined to get the answers as soon as possible that I didn't realize I was already hurting Remekiah, my friend. His suspicious actions bothered me so much that I forgot he was my friend, and just like Kosh, he would help me in his own ways. He might know something I don't, but like what he said last time, sometimes, some things were better off unknown.

          I apologized to Remekiah and he nodded, understanding me. Feeling tired and exhausted again, I crawled to my bed and made myself comfortable before drifting to sleep.

          The opaque clouds were thick and covered the sky above us. Leaning on the stone walls which reached up to my chest that kept me from falling down the castle, I inhaled the fresh air. Even in the rooftop of this castle, the wind still blew hard, but it wasn't cold, and it wasn't hot either. The temperature was just warm. I let my hair fly with the wind, enjoying the view, enjoying the feeling of being free.

          "Are you alright, Safi?"

          Dante? I quickly turned around, but as I was about to embrace him, I saw his eyes looking at me with concern. "Dante, is something wrong?"

          The wind blew harder. My hair flew towards him as did the wind, and his golden yellow hair flew away from me. He looked me in the eyes as he cupped my face. When he wiped something away in my face, my eyes opened wider. I was crying! But why? I wondered. There was no reason to cry, and I didn't notice I was crying until he wiped the tears away.

          "Safi, I may not beside you at all times, but I will always be there to wipe your tears away for you," he said. The wind was blowing hard, but I still heard his words clearly.

          "Thank you." Even if so many thoughts were running in my head, that was all I could say.

          Sunrise came. I was awakened by Remekiah's loud hissing. Knowing it's already time to prepare for my next classes, I rummaged my closet to look for the perfect dress to wear. Not that I was expecting something big to happen today, I just felt like wearing something suitable for a lady since my first class was demeanor class. I needed to impress Madame Tana today, or at least keep myself from getting in trouble today.

          "Ouch," he complained as I gently pushed him aside, as I was looking for my slippers, "can you not see me here?"

          I knew I left it somewhere here. I just couldn't remember exactly where. I crouched and looked under my bed. Maybe I took my slippers off last night without noticing it, I thought while I was looking under my bed. Seeing my slippers were nowhere near my bed, I decided to look for it inside my closet. Maybe I was really exhausted that I accidentally placed it inside my closet?

          "Safia!" the now annoying snake called.

          "Not now, Remekiah," I yelled back. "I think I'm late for class and I can't find my slippers!"

          "Safia!" he called again.

          Terribly annoyed, I grabbed a fistful of my clothes and threw them at the irritating snake hissing on the floor. "If you're not going to help, just keep quiet, please," I begged.