Chapter 11

Eternal

.•*•.XI.•*•.

     The night is so beautiful. Through the window of the house I can see the silver moon peek inside. It's beautiful in a way that it's almost sad. My mother used to tell me that once the sun and the moon were lovers. They loved each other deeper than anything. But the heat from the sun was harming the moon. To save the moon the sun forced itself to stay back where it is not in as much danger. The two lovers have never touched since, never held each other since. Now they live alone forever, so close to each other and yet so far away.

I stand up from the bed and gather my gown to wear. Inside me, I can feel something pull me towards the door. I look at Caelestinus as he soundly sleeps on the bed. His bare chest as beautiful as it can be. A smile comes to my face when I look at him. Before I go towards the door I lean down and put a small kiss on his cheek. He doesn't wake by it, but I hope that he can sense it and know that it was I that kissed him.

I smile at him, and then I turn around and walk towards the door. As soon as I have opened the door the bitter cold air greets me. My eyes close when I find it kiss my skin. Sometimes when I cannot sleep I would come out here and simply just enjoy touching the grass and being free out in the world. There is nothing more precious than that. I can feel the cold try its hardest to bring me down. I do not allow it to. It can try. It will not succeed in doing so. I watch the stars and the moon.

The sky is clear and the colors of the night have painted a lovely painting up there. Letting out a sigh I sit down on the soft grass and close my eyes. The night is what makes me most peaceful. Here I feel like I can be what I wish, and I do not need to pretend to be anyone that I am not. "Tunglið fagur hvítt og nóttin undur svört, hjálp ég gef himninum töfrandi stjörnubjört {The white moon so pretty and the night so alluringly black, help I give the magical sky bright stars}" I chant three times.

When I open my eyes and look up at the sky all the stars have brightened and the beauty of them intensifies. I smile up at the sky. Some of the stars have started to glow purple and blue and even pink. It shows that there is something hidden there. Some magic that would not be seen. I was seven when my mother taught me this spell. She did it after I had a nightmare, and I was scared. Said that this spell would make the stars brighter, and I would not need to be afraid anymore.

It worked then and it works now. This time the fear that I have is not because of a nightmare that I have suffered but rather strange events that have happened to me. The confusion that comes along with it which I do not understand. The voice in the forest that I heard some nights ago and the man that was here only some hours ago. It has to be connected. How that is, I do not understand. I run over each and every word that they have said in my head to connect it all together, but I cannot find the connection.

The stars are a world that we cannot travel too, but they are there. One day I hope that I will go to some of these worlds. Where I would live an adventure of a lifetime. It would be the best time of my life and I would enjoy every second of it. I long to see another world, to see all the world. To see everything that I have never been allowed to see and finally understand the world. To live like everyone else lives and experience everything with a smile on my face and joy inside my heart. I hope that I will be able to so with the man that I love by my side.

After some time has passed I stand up from the ground and walk back inside. Not before I take one last look at the stars. Memorizing their beauty like I have done my whole life. The stars are what I have always admired about the night. The moon as well. It's so beautiful to see, and we are so grateful to be able to see it at all. I know that not everyone get that change and not everyone can see the beauty of the stars.