"this is a serious matter, onyx. we're not just going to steal a fucking gum at a convenience store."

"we do high scale crimes that could land us all life imprisonment with no chance to bail so yes, this is all pretty serious," atti backs me up.

"thank you, diamond."

"nah, life is too short. we die at the end of the day, why not do whatever the hell you want to do?" perry nonchalantly replies and i roll my eyes at her.

"yeah, i should just jump off the seven sister cliffs that are near here," i say sarcastically.

"oh we definitely should! i love cliff diving! we should go somewhere tropical after this heist," zemira from the back excitedly suggests.

"at least ruby here is fun, not like some other people here," perry teases back and i further roll my eyes at them.

"15 minutes 'till we get there," onyx adds.

as soon as i hear we only have 15 minutes until we arrive, i lift my hand to blindly find my lucky emerald necklace from my mum that should be resting on my collarbone as it usually is, to recite a small prayer before the heist as my usual routine before heist.

never really the religious type, but i still pray from time to time.

my fingers met my bare skin, no trace of the necklace nor the chain and my eyes widened in alert. i pat my neck and my chest roughly, finding the necklace but to no avail.

"what the fuck," i utter in shock.

i feel everyone's eyes on me, as i panic while finding my necklace and racking my brain where it might have been. i never take it off ever, and i am damn very confused about where it could have been.

"anything wrong?" zemira asks in concern.

"my lucky necklace is gone," i say in panic, looking at the back to look at niall for help.

"did you take it off? do you remember where you put it?" asks zemira.

"clearly if i remember where i have put it i wouldn't panic like this," i reply in frustration.

"chill there boss, it's just a necklace," perry comments and my blood boils even more.

"it's not "just a necklace" perry davis!"

i nearly yelled, making everyone go silent instantly.

i breathe heavily as i rack my brain and think hardly where the fuck it could have been. we all have that one thing we always wear or keep in ourselves because we believe that protects us all the time or has someone be with us through that piece, and for me it is my mother's emerald necklace she has given me the moment she dropped me off in an orphanage. i have worn it nearly all my life, and i do believe through that necklace, my mum guides and protects me wherever i go and whatever i do in life.

my mind suddenly remembers a casual sex that happened the night before yesterday, and i groan loudly.

"fuck."

"found it?" i hear diamond ask quietly at the back.

"fuck i went home with that man at the bar after mission 130 and he wore my necklace that night," i groan once more, tugging the ends of my pink hair lightly in hopelessness.

"what's his name? i could track him down now," atti speaks once more.

i clench my eyes shut and recall that night. all i could remember was us back in his hotel room, him going down on me, us fucking on the couch and him fucking me from behind, and that strange emotional goodbye.