episode 1

"So you'd join?" Sam asked his childhood best friend.

"Fine." Foolish shrugged, tossing the football back.

The school year was starting in a few days, and Sam had plans to start a tech club. They'd do lots of stuff- coding, editing, gaming, whatever they felt like. And he wanted to make sure he'd have at least one other member to show for it.

"Who else is doing it, though?" Foolish asked, plopping down on the grass and sipping his water. Sam walked over to him and shrugged. "I haven't asked around yet."

"I bet I could get some people to do it. Punz is into that stuff, and I bet he could get those hockey kids to join."

"Really?"

"Oh yeah. They're bigger nerds than me, somehow," Foolish laughed.

✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎

Most of Wilbur's friends had been a year ahead of him and gone off to university. Luckily, he still had a few friends from music and theater who had been younger than him. And most importantly, his best friend Niki was still there.

But today, on the last day of summer, he was hanging out with his cousin Tommy and his other freshman friends Tubbo and Ranboo, and was currently trying to recruit them into the theater department.

"Wilbur, I'm really not one for singing, man. I can play piano in the pit, though," Tubbo offered from where he sat on the lawn, playing absentmindedly with the grass ass he watched the bees fly around the dandelions.

"Fantastic! Ranboo?"

"Uhhh, honestly I'd rather die than perform."

"What about stage crew, then? You like all that tech stuff, right? You could do lighting and sound!"

"Sure."

"Great!" Wilbur smiled, turning to his third victim- Tommy.

"Absolutely not, Wilbur." Tommy said before his cousin could even say anything.

"Oh come on, Tommy, you know you'd like it. And you're fucking good at it!"

"But Wilbur I want to do something like what I wanna do in the future! Isn't there a film club or something?"

Wilbur shook his head, racking his brain for something to convince Tommy with. "I'll tell you what, though. This kid in my grade is probably staring some sort of technology club- we can all join that as well and you can probably film skits for the theater club?"

"Fine."

"Brilliant," Wilbur exclaimed, reaching for his phone to text his other friends that they should join as well.

✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎✎

government type beat

Niki
When's our first meeting?