Chapter 9

(Tw panic attack)

Cat and mouse. The cat, looking for the mouse, waits patiently by its home. After a while, the mouse gets curious, thinking the danger is gone. It peeks his  head out, looking around making sure its demise wasn't imminent. As it sees the cat, it's too late. The cat swipes up the vulnerable creature. Batting and cuffing it across the floor. Once in a while it would fling the helpless into the air, letting it land on the ground.

The mouse would play dead. Laying still. Hoping for the cat to walk away. But the cat waits. When the mouse takes its chance, and bolts to safety, the cat catches it. Pinning it to the ground. Cat and mouse.

 A child's game.

 And, as time goes on. It evolves. The chase turns strategical. More players are added. A king added here. A knight added there. One by one the pawns and bishops are added and taken away.

"Checkmate."

Tubbo stared at the board, a sigh coming from the young president. Before a smile spread across his features. It wasn't like this hadn't happened before.

"You always win Dream."

Dream shrugged nonchalantly. "I'v been playing it longer." He started to reset the board. One piece at a time.

"I was thinking..." Tubbo hesitated. It wasn't like he needed Dreams permission. "I was thinking on visiting Tommy."

Dream looked up from the chess board. "Visit Tommy?"

"Yeah." As Tubbo spoke, the more eager he became. "I haven't seen him in....well...weeks! And...I miss him Dream. He belongs in La'manburg." 

Tubbo looked away in the direction of Tommys house. It sat dormant, waiting for its owner to return. The torches had been snuffed out. It was dark and unusually cold. Tubbo didn't really like heat. Techno had made sure of that. But the cold of that house...it was unnerving. 

The server felt dead without him.

"I'm not sure if that's a good idea Tubbo..." Dream warned, continuing to reset the game.

Tubbo frowned. "Why? He's okay right?"

A sigh came from Dream. He put the piece he had been holding down. A king.

"He's become violent. Extremely."

"What? Tommy? I mean, I know he's a bit thick in the skull and troublesome, but violent? The only times that's happened was when danger was there. Tommy's not intentionally violent."

Dream shifted his mask, letting half of his face be revealed. Eyes the color of cold poison bored into Tubbo. He wanted to make sure Tubbo understood that he couldn't see Tommy.

"Tubbo...he blew up Logstedshire. He tried to blow up the rest of his camp too. I don't even know where he got the TNT for it."

Tubbo was stunned. He...he had banished his best friend so that wouldn't happen. So that he wouldn't turn into....but he... No. There had o be an explanation. There had to be some sort of reasoning. Tommy was smart. Worse than smart, clever. He would know the risks of such actions. So why did he take them?

"No. He wouldn't do that! He...he couldn't blow it up."

"I can't let you get hurt, Tubbo. This server has been at a resolved peace, and I fear that if Tommy hurt you, it might change for the worst."

Tubbo was silent. He didn't know what to say. Was Tommy turning into Wilbur? "What happened to him?" If Dream was telling the truth....

Dream looked at Tubbo, before replacing his mask. "I had to restrain him, he's isolated in a safe place. I'm hoping, once he calms down, I can get him to see reason. Then you can see him."