4;

+ ~ +

Henry's P.O.V:

Here we are. On a balcony of the airship with Ellie tied to a pole about to fall. Charles was dangling her over the edge in amusement. Hopping up and down on the pole.

I was standing back as my dress blew in the wind.

It was already nighttime, so I watched at the moon glowed. The tears flowing from Ellie's face were glowing, as well. She was pleading not to be dropped and Charles kept teasing her, pretending to let go of the pole. (Kind of like how Queen Bee in Miraculous was holding Chat noir on the pole to lure Ladybug over there.)

This sparked some memories in my mind. Old ones of how it was before all this. Charles used to be so innocent and kind. What happened to him? Was I really gone that long? Now, he's probably about 28. That's still young, I don't see how he matured to the point of willing to drop his best friend off a ship. 

It's like he is being-

Brainwashed.

Wiped from his memory.

A new person.

It sure wasn't Charles, though.

Maybe.

I'm not sure. But all I know, this isn't the Charles I know. My thoughts were interrupted by a shriek from Ellie.

"CHARLES, PLEASE!!! I'm so sorry for what I said, don't- DROP ME!!!!!"

He smirked evilly and let her go.

She screamed so loud, which was interrupted by tears and pleads and prays. I felt so bad. I wanted her to shut up, but not something like this to happen. I wasn't thinking, and now she's dead. I started crying all over again.

Charles looked at me and walked over. He then started at me with a sympathetic look and said, "Aw, Don't cry my dear Henry! She won't die, she'll just plummet 300 feet down until she hits the ground, AND THEN die."

Man, he's the worst at making me feel better.

I looked at him. His eyes were glowing red, looking deeply into my soul. He looked like a demon was possessing him or something. In the moonlight, it looked even creepier.

 In the moonlight, it looked even creepier

(Ignore my crappy art lol)

I was still bummed about Ellie uhm-

Dying.

I looked at Charles and kind of stuttered, "What h-happened to you?"

He looked confused, but answered anyways. "I didn't change one bit since we last saw each other. I simply rose to power. Unstoppable power." Then he stopped. For a minute I thought he snapped out of his fantasy.

He continued, "Using people as my steps through life is the way I did. I waited for no one. Being a pilot was okay, but I yearned for more. Just for the thrill of it. Everything you see before you is nothing to me. I am just looking for my next big high. I AM the Candle Queen, after all" 

He then casually started to walk off. 

I looked back at him with tears in my eyes and screamed, "Is that why you threw her off the ship?! Just for a high?! Charles! You've become a MONSTER from HELL!"

He looked back at me and smirked.

"Thank you."

+ ~ +

Yes, 545 words. Not bad, I'm proud. I hope you guys read the history chapters I post after a new one because those help things make more sense. (btw as of right now there is gonna be 4 more chapters then maybe a final one)

+ ~ +