How You Met

Paul: You were running down the beach with your best friend, Quil Atera, when you tripped. You squealed lightly, but you were use to falling. You were extremely clumsy. You closed your eyes and awaited the mouth full of sand you knew was coming. It never came. Instead, you felt something wrap around you, strong enough to knock the air out of you when your stomach met with the object. It was an arm. A very tan arm, attached to a very hot guy. You looked up at him shyly. "Sorry."

"You should be more careful." He said in a deep voice. You looked into his eyes, noticing how they clouded over as you made eye contact with the stranger. You noticed his friends as they stood beside him in awe.

"Is he okay?" You asked. He snapped out of it.

"He's fine." One of the boys grinned. You nodded as the stranger stared at you.

"Sorry again." You mumbled shyly, moving to walk away, and tripping again. He caught and steadied you, but didn't let go this time, keeping a firm but gentle grip on your waist and elbow.

"You're kind of clumsy. I think maybe you should stay close to me. You know, for your safety." He smirked. "I'm Paul."

Jacob: "You have got to be kidding me!" You yelled, slamming the door to your old, beat up, barely running car. It broke down on you, again. You lifted the hood, only to end up coughing as smoke pours out.

"Do you need help?" A guy called, walking over to you with a group of boys. You counted them. Seven.

"Um, no thank you." You said awkwardly. Your parents always said to stay away from gangs. And hot shirtless guys. Even though you had a tendancy to forget about that last rule. And this was one of those moments.

"We won't hurt you, if that's what you're thinking. I'm Jacob. This is Quil, Embry, Jared, Sam, Seth, and Paul." He pointed to each one. They didn't seem like a gang, exactly, so whatever.

"I'm Y/N. I don't know what's wrong with it now." You gestured to your car. "It's old, and it has more problems than the Kardashians." They snickered as you look up at Jacob. He had beautiful eyes. And he stared into your Y/E/C eyes. One of the boys clears their throat.

"Oh, um, sorry." He said, moving to the hood. "Let me take a look. Would you, maybe, want to get something to eat or some coffee or something later?"

Embry: Embry had been your best friend since you were kids, but he stopped talking to you. You tried everything. Calling, texting, showing up at his house; nothing. You asked Jacob and Quil, who had both seemed kind of bummed out, and they said Sam finally got to him. You, being from Forks, didn't know anything about the Reservation except what Embry told you. Sam was something Embry hated to talk about. He bothered Embry. Embry said Sam wanted him to join their group. Jacob said he saw Sam and the others going to his house. He gave you directions to Sam's. "Be careful, Y/N, please."

"Yeah, okay." You scoffed. You were kind of reckless. You got in your car, throwing it in reverse and backing down the driveway. You might have been throwing yourself to the wolves, but you wanted to see Embry. You wanted answers. You pulled into Sam's house as four boys walked out on the porch. You saw Embry. You jumped out, slammed the door, and walked up to Embry. You shoved him. "So you're sick, huh?"

"Y/N, you need to leave." Embry said, shaking lightly.

"No! Embry, you can't just stop talking to me! I know you. You didn't want this." You insisted.

"I changed my mind." He mumbled.

"I know that's not true." You said, walking closer. "Embry, look me in the eyes and tell me you want to be like this, and that you really don't want me around anymore. Then I'll leave."