Chapter 16 {Staff}

You

"So-"

???

"Shh! There needs to be complete silence for this to work!"

You

Well, you could've told me earlier...

They took a bell and rang it right over the sphere, almost as if it had been planned.

Shalnark found the silence funny and snickered.

???

"You over there!"

Shalnark

"Hm? Uh- Me?"

???

"Shut up if you may."

Shalnark

Huh?!

There was a long pause in the conversation. There was no sound, and no one spoke.

You

I feel like sleeping... This thing is so boring. But, if it's to help us, then I guess so.

Then something resembling smoke began to rise from the sphere.

You

"Uh-"

???

"Silence."

You

Oh- Okay... Is this supposed to be normal?

The sphere's smoke-like substance then stopped rising.

???

"Okay, now I want both of you to let go of the sphere slowly, and hold hands."

You and Feitan followed their orders.

???

"Now, close your eyes. And concentrate on what you want to happen... If that makes sense."

You

Concentrate on what I want to happen?... So I just think about how I and Feitan should switch back... 

The others were baffled by Feitan's patience.

You and Feitan both felt a chill travel down your spines, prompting you to open your eyes. It wasn't your intention to open your eyes; it just happened.

???

"..."

When you both looked down at your hands, you realized you were back in your original bodies.

You

"Hah, I'm back in my own body!"

Feitan gave a little smile.

You

"Thank you very much, how can I repay you?! I need to give you something in return for doing this miracle for us!"

???

"I don't need anything. I'll be alright."

You

"Are you sure?!"

Chrollo

"Y/N, they already said they'll be alright. Come on, we've gotta turn you back into a human. Let's go."

You

"Again, thank you! O-Okay, now we've gotta run back to that other person so I can finally be turned back into a human!"

Shizuku

"Now I just think that I'm getting confused... Is Y/N happy and cheerful, or murderous and violent?"

Phinks

"I'm starting to think she's both of them, or one of them is just an act put on her face."

Paku

"Hm... That does make sense."

You

"Okay, okay, hello there! I am back!"

???

"Who are you?"

You

"You know, the "non-human being"? I'm the girl that visited you last time to turn back into a human!"

???

"Oh... You are?..."

You

"Oh my- You know what, I'm a creature half-human thingy and I wanna be turned back into a human. Can you do that for me?"

???

"Maybe."

You

"Maybe?! But-"

???

"Sit."

You

"I-"

???

"Sit."

You impatiently sighed, then sat down right on the grass.

With their eyes closed, they began to slowly raise their hands.

Then their hands slowly reached out for the staff that was lying beside them.

You

"What is that?..."

???

"It's a staff. Are you blind?"

You

"N-No... I mean, I know that it's a staff, but why do you need it?" And you're one to talk...

???

"You shall see."

You

"..."

The person slowly put their staff in place, then used it to stand up.

You

Oh... They're unable to walk.

It caught everyone by surprise when the person slowly lifted the staff, then lightly banged it right on the ground. It was more of a touch than a bang. Even so, a big wave of wind came right from the staff, nearly blowing everyone away.

Shizuku

"What was that?!"

Feitan

"Is everyone alright?"

???

"Please, do not overreact. You are strong villains, this shouldn't be able to blow you away."

Chrollo

"Hm."