Cuddle Privileges

Começar do início

"I have to prepare some things for tomorrow, work you know..."

Reality hit way too soon. Of course. Work.
I let go of him. The yearning in my chest grows again. 

I took him into the guest bedroom, my own felt wrong. It was her place, not his. As we walk past the door, her door, I feel another stab in my heart. Sure, we weren't together anymore, but it still kind of felt like cheating. 

I shrug off the feeling and feel his hand slipping in mine. I look to the side and am met by a smile. Heat pools around my heart and I feel like I could burst into dance. When we reach the living room I pull him closer and plant a little kiss on his nose while I tell him to stay. Music fills the room as we dance around. I'm the happiest I've been in months.

But when I come back from the supermarket, the house feels emptier than before. The meal I cooked is nice, but it just isn't as good without his compliments. I try to fall asleep in my own bed, but it feels as though I don't deserve to lie there. As I slip into the bed in the guest bedroom I am met by his scent, by the phantom of his presence, by the memory of his body. His blazer and shirt are still on the chair. What did I get myself into?

~Rob's perspective~

"Rob, can I speak with you for a minute? In private?"

Sigrid's voice disturbs my thoughts. I follow her into a private chamber.

"So you aren't gonna tell me what happened?"

"What?"

"I saw the text pop up on your phone two days ago, and you didn't properly respond to E-mails until 1 PM. You usually respond around 9 AM, so what did you do in those four extra hours?"

"I... I slept in..."

"Sure, Rob Jetten sleeps in after going to someone's house."

"Is this all?"

"Oh no.. you have this glow around you- you slept with someone!"

"Okay, okay, jumping to conclusions fast."

"Did you sleep with Jesse?" 

I feel my face becoming red, just as it did yesterday when he- stop thinking about it.

"You DID!"

"Shhh, shhh, okay fine, fine, I slept with him..."

"Oh my God, you dirty-"

"Hey, he initiated it."

"So, how was it?"

"Sigrid...."

"Oh come on, I don't need too many details but give me something-"

"Okay, it was... great." I can't help but smile about it.

"Oh, terrific! Ugh, I'm so happy for you two!"

"But you can't tell anyone!"

"I won't! Okay, but, this won't influence your work, right?"

"I'm trying not to."

"Okay great. Oh, how exciting! Now, let's crush this debate!"

We have been sitting in the chamber for 5 hours now. I'm starting to get really hungry, but I try to keep my focus on what the people are saying. It becomes especially hard when Thierry comes up to the stand and starts ranting for 5 minutes in his incomprehensible jargon. I see my screen light up and read the text message.

"Looking good ;). You were far more interesting to listen to than Cherry."

I try to hide the smile as I reply:

"I have no clue what he's talking about at this moment."

"Who does?"

Now the smile really creeps up as I glance at Thierry whining about a made-up term.

"I'm not even sure if he does..."

"Hahaha. When will we see each other again?"

"If you come to my place you can stay the night, since I have to work."

"Sounds like a plan!"

"Only if you cook ;)"

"Oh, mister is giving me orders now."

"As if you would follow them."

"We'll find out tonight ;)..."

"Mister Baudet, please go back... No, you spoke enough already..."

I suddenly realize Sigrid is looking at me, one eyebrow raised. I roll my eyes and try to focus on the rest of the debate, but he occupies my thoughts. Not only am I thinking about what will happen tonight, but my memories aren't helping either. This is going to be very hard if he comes back...