s.c : twenty two

"Hold me Jinnie" Seungmin pouted as he crawled onto his boyfriend's lap and pulled a blanket over himself

"Hold me Jinnie" Seungmin pouted as he crawled onto his boyfriend's lap and pulled a blanket over himself. "How'd the interview go?"

The job was a simple daycare assistant. The only issue was nerves. Any time Seungmin felt he did something wrong he would apologize. The job itself wasn't too hard and he would have the afternoon hours after school when parents are still at work so it was rather convenient.

But the job itself wasn't really what bugged him. The only thing that nagged at his mind was what happened after he left the interview.

Jeongin asked to meet up when he had the chance but Seungmin had no idea that his intentions were to look through Hyunjin's car. Not only was it an invasion of space but Jeongin said, when there are secrets to hide, the glove compartment would be locked. And what made Seungmin more confused was that it was in fact locked.

He hated being in places he shouldn't but the idea of his boyfriend hiding things from him was scary. He didn't want to believe that there was a barrier between what he said from the truth. There was no way Hyunjin would lie to him, right?

But then why was the glove compartment locked?

"Hey are you listening?" Hyunjin threaded his fingers through Seungmin's hair, lightly kissing his forehead as reassurance that the interview went well. Unfortunately he was blinded by the only reasonable answer for stress. There was no reason to think anything else was wrong.

"Okay I'll be back. I have to pick up something so I might take a while" Hyunjin pecked his boyfriend's forehead once more, getting up right after and putting on his jacket.

Seungmin wanted to ask but how could he? What was so important about what Hyunjin was doing that he needed to know?

It wasn't that he was jealous. He just wasn't ready to get hurt when he really felt love. He wanted to hold onto that feeling forever but what was the point when you're being lied to? He had an attachment and so did his little space persona so what could he really do?

"Bye Jinnie.." Seungmin shut the door so he didn't have to watch his boyfriend leave to god knows where. He hated himself for thinking so lowly of Hyunjin.

If only Jeongin hadn't meddled with his bullshit. He was just poking fun and it hadn't registered in his mind that it could affect his friend's relationship. Everything was a game to him. His mind was one of a child's so it really wasn't his fault... sort of.

"What should I do Kkami? Do you think I could do it without Hyunjin?" Seungmin lifted the dog onto his chest as he laid down. The fluffy animal only stared back at him, occasionally licking his nose. "I don't think I could do it without him... or you since he'd take you too" Kkami licked his nose again. Seungmin smiled hoping that maybe the dog's unconditional love could be similar to Hyunjin's.

What hurt most about the lack of trust was that he felt like he couldn't regress anymore. Because if he was being lied to then what was the point. He wasn't going to play this game if that's what it was. All he could do is wait for any chance he had to open the glove compartment and hopefully everything would be okay after that.

But why start and end the search there when they shared an apartment and Hyunjin wasn't home?

Seungmin gently put Kkami on the floor before getting up and running to their shared bedroom. He went to Hyunjin's side of the bed and opened the drawers of the nightstand. Inside was junk mail but one particular purple envelope caught his eye. Decorating the edges of the letter were small foam sticker hearts.

"A prettier girl" Seungmin whispered as if he were out of breath. Tears already brimmed his eyes just from touching the note.

His fingers trembled as he picked at the half sealed side of the envelope. Every tearing sound made his body shake. "I can't do it."

Seungmin wiped at his eyes, getting up from his spot on the floor. He shoved the letter back in its place. "He lied to me" the feelings hurting his heart began controlling him, causing him to lock the door of their bedroom. He refused to let Hyunjin sleep next to him, especially at a time when he felt most vulnerable.

Because of his anger and sadness there was no denying that he would most likely break down and give in to the warm voice of his boyfriend. But not this time. This time he was going to find out what Hyunjin was hiding and where he was going in his free time.

———

short because I've had no motivation since the last few chapters flopped and my world is literally falling apart :')) I feel like I can't even talk to my girlfriend without having the urge to bring the mood down (I'm sorry kitty)

anyways go read my jeongchan book :D it only has one part but I'll make part two later today :)

also I promise to write more often and thank you for 7k reads !!