I sat there for a while, unsure of what to do. But despite my inner struggle and awkwardness, I mustered the courage to get up and leave the classroom.

Kai was delighted. He handed me a bouquet of fifteen roses, clearly trying to make a good impression.

"Well, won't you agree to go to the cinema with me today too?" he asked with a smile, holding out the flowers.

"Why all this? Why during the lecture?" I asked, declining the bouquet.

"I wanted to do something nice and show that I'm serious," Kai replied calmly.

"I wonder where you got the idea that this adds seriousness or that I even want a relationship?" I said.

"Yoohyeon, I had good intentions. If I was wrong, I apologize. But give me a chance. Just one. And please take the flowers," he pleaded.

"Alright, thanks for the flowers. I'll think about it, but if I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up," I replied, noticing his satisfied smile.

"Okay. But then answer my messages," he said before leaving.

I stood there with the flowers for another minute, not knowing where to put them. And what's the point of hiding anything? She and the whole group saw him with the flowers, damn it! Why did it have to happen like this? Why during her lecture?

When I entered the classroom, everyone's interested gaze was upon me, but she only glanced briefly and continued confidently with her lecture. Did you not care, Minji? It saddened me. Maybe I wasn't entirely wrong about yesterday. Ten minutes later, the bell rang, and everyone started leaving the classroom, their eyes shifting between me and the flowers. Holding my grade book, I realized it wouldn't be possible to leave with everyone today, so I approached her.

She quickly signed my book and without even looking up at me, started gathering her things. I stood there, frozen, not knowing what to say or do. It felt like Kai had completely ruined any chance of salvaging what was left. Or perhaps he had simply opened my eyes?

"Minji... I mean, Miss Minji, do you have a minute?" I asked, filled with despair.

"Sorry, I don't have time," she finally looked at me.

"Can we talk?" I persisted, my emotions resurfacing.

"Yoohyeon, about what? Do you have any questions about my subject? But you don't even listen... Or maybe it's about science? Oh, no, you seem to have decided not to participate in the competition!" Minji couldn't hold back her frustration.

"And we have nothing more to talk about, do you think?" I asked, my pride getting the better of me.

"In my opinion, you decided everything yesterday. And you know what, I think you're right. It's better this way. Besides, that boy seems cute and capable of taking care of you. Go for it!" Minji said, heading towards the exit.

"Do you approve of my choice?" I couldn't bear the thought, my pride taking over.

"The main thing is for your mother to approve," the teacher retorted, clearly wanting to leave.

"What about science? Will you leave me for that?" It was the only thing left for me to say to her.

"I said I would leave you if you started to blur the lines between personal and professional. But is there anything left to blur now? I'll guide you towards your degree. I'll push you, but I'll get you there as long as you don't run away yourself," Minji replied, though not in the way I needed her to.

"And what if I want to run away? - I asked, not fully grasping the implications of my words, feeling upset.

"Oh, is that so? Then I'll consider who would be better to transfer you to," Minji said coldly as she left the classroom.