One Hundred and Nine

Start from the beginning

"That's good. Your boys are looking extra scary this year, sad about Dunks though."  

"Yeah they are, I am happy with the way the boys are playing. Dunks is shattered, he had surgery  yesterday so he should be out of hospital today or tomorrow." I say and Crippa nods, then sighs. 

It's like he wants to say something, but doesn't know how to say it. 

"Look Em, I am so sorry for how I reacted when I found out that you and Bont got back together. I shouldn't have acted that way." He says and I smile. 

"It's alright Pat. I'm sorry as well, I did sort of lead you on. I kept on coming back to you when things went downhill with Marcus. I shouldn't have done that." 

"Em, I wanted you to come to me, I wanted to cheer you up, but that time you kissed me, I really thought that maybe, just maybe I would have a chance with you." 

"I know, and I am extremely sorry, I wasn't thinking clearly." 

"I know you weren't, but it still doesn't make it an excuse." 

"Of course it doesn't. But you know I love Marcus with every bit of my heart, no matter what happens with him, I will always love him." I say and he nods. 

"I get that. At first it was hard to accept the fact that you'd never be mine, but, I've learnt to accept it and I'm trying my hardest to move on." 

"Good, you don't deserve me after everything I've put you through, you deserve someone better, just not me." I say sighing and he grabs my hand. 

"Don't put yourself down. You are amazing. I am sure Marcus tells you that every single day." He says and I smile. 

"He does." I say and this time he smiles, just as the waitress comes to our table. Patrick and I both order a big breakfast which comes with bacon, eggs and toast, as well as a glass of orange juice. 

She takes our orders and we continue our conversation where we left it off. 

"Stupidly though I still have some hope that you could be mine one day." He says and I sigh. 

"I don't know what to say to that." I say and he nods. 

"Patrick I can't predict the future, but I want to spend the rest of my life with Marcus, it just feels right." 

"I get that, but we didn't even try, to see how things go." 

"I know, but I didn't want to ruin our friendship." 

"I know, I didn't want to ruin it either, but maybe if we got it a shot, who knows where we would've been now." He says with a small smile. I look into his beautiful blue eyes and sigh. He's right, maybe if I did explore something with him, my life would've been completely different. But that scares me because I can't see myself with anyone else other than Marcus. 

Yes, Patrick is fucking gorgeous, with his bright blue eyes and tall broad shoulders and that smile. But, I just don't see myself with him. 

"Yeah, but again it probably would've caused more drama." I say. 

"It probably would've." He says with a little laugh.