Chapter 28

A fact about our Mark Kier! His birthday is on October 28, he is a Scorpio :)

———

The day progressed fast and the next thing I knew, it was the day of the final meeting for the subdivision project.

Kapareho ng kahapon kami na ang unang tumungo sa meeting room at 'di nagtagal ay dumating naman na ang VCI pero wala si Mark.

Baka na-late lang?

"Uhm, on Mark's behalf he asked me to apologize to everyone for his absence today as he had an important matter to attend to," Tiffany announces.

Tiniklop ko ang aking mga bibig pagkatapos kong marinig iyon.

Doesn't Mark prioritize work over anything?

Then maybe it's very important. I feel the curiosity creeping inside me but I payed it no mind. Dahil baka umalis pa ang atensyon ko sa meeting.

I listened to the final plan and budget for the project at nagbotohan naman na kami agad kaya hindi nagtagal ay natapos na rin ang meeting.

I saw Tiffany saying her thanks to everyone. She lastly went to me.

"Thank you so much, and sorry as well for Mark's absence. Super important matter," she says in her usual bubbly voice.

Nagpaalam na si Engineer Sebastian kanina pagkatapos ng meeting na aalis na siya agad dahil may inutos daw sakanya ang kanyang department, while the other people in the meeting earlier excited as well.

Ang natitirang mga tao dito ay ako, si Tiffany, at ang sekretarya ko.

"Oh it's alright. Finalization na rin naman ang meeting natin ngayon," I said, which was true. His absence doesn't affect that much on the meeting.

"And he informed me as well that his attendance might not be consistent from today. May inaasikaso kasi iyon. Alam mo na," she says with a little laugh.

I didn't realize that I raised my eyebrow with her remark.

Malamang hindi ko alam..?

"I actually don't know, but it's alright. As long as he doesn't get irresponsible as his task is big, then it's all good," I said, smiling back.

"Thank you so much for understanding... Uhm, can we talk privately?" she asks me slowly.

"Uh, sure," I said before looking at my secretary who's at my back and signaled her to take her leave.

Tumango siya at tumungo na sa pintuan.

"Let's have a seat," sabi ko pagka-alis ng aking sekretarya.

We sat simultaneously on the seats closest to us.

"What do you want to talk about, Architect Chen?" I ask her as we got comfortable with our sitting.

"You can call me Tiffany," she says and I nod.

"It's about Mark actually," sinabi niya.

My brows furrowed a little.

"What about him?" I ask her.

"Nag-usap ba kayo? Like not for work?" she asks, mas lalo akong nagtaka sa tanong niya.

"May I ask, for what?" I ask back.

"Wala naman, just asking," she says to me.

My brows remained furrowed.