His son was dying.

Lucas's eyes filled with tears at the thought. He couldn't imagine this and refused to believe it was true. But without Jisung, Chenle didn't have long until he would be too sick. Lucas pulled the boy closer and held him. Just holding him comforted him. He needed Jisung. More than anything to come back. For the sake of his family.

~~~~

"Okay you search down by the river by Chanyeol's old territory. I will continue to search by the shoreline." Jungkook clapped Lucas on the back. "Shape up Alpha. Your son is safe at home. We will find Jisung. These woods might be big but eventually someone will see him."

Lucas took the small bottle out of his back pocket and took a quick swig. His eyes flashed a deep red and returned back to normal. "Right. Eventually."

The pack had recruited a few other wolves from Mingyu's pack to help in the search but still nothing. The other wolves still had hope that the boy was alive. Well Chenle was still alive...so he had to be. Jaehyun watched as Lucas ran his hands through his sweaty hair.

"You wanna know something Jaehyun. Alpha to alpha." Jaehyun turned to look at the disheveled wolf who looked like he hadn't slept in months.

"All my life, I have been fucked over. Ever since I was a fucking pup my life as been shit. Just when I think my world is going to turn around it doesn't." Lucas laughed darkly, "Answer this for me Jaehyun."

Jaehyun turned to look at Lucas who had a few tears dripping down his face. The sight almost made the head alpha lose it.

"If Chenle dies...what is the point of living?"

Jaehyun frowned at the words. "Chenle isn't going to die Lucas. We are gonna find Jisung. He is around here somewhere. We will just have to keep-"

Lucas's chuckle sounded around the woods, "The answer Jaehyun is there would be no point. How would you feel walking around everyday knowing that your baby boy died because of you? Your mate won't even look at you because you were a murderer."

Jaehyun sighed, "Let's keep looking, Lucas."

~~~~~

"Boy, I bet you are causing a ton of issues back home. They have been looking for you." The older wolf watched as a few wolves walked not too far away. "I can just smell their sadness."

"I doubt that sadness is what you smell. It is probably more determined to fix the problem."

The older wolf watched as the beta wolf laid on the ground with his leg cut open. A makeshift bandage was wrapped around the wound. "Even if I gave you the chance to go back, would you?"

Jisung sighed, "Of course I would. The love of my life is back there. His father is just a jackass."

"Something tells me that Lucas is going to break soon. I can't wait to meet him again. It had been so long." The older wolf turned to face the younger boy again. "But it is nice to finally see you again son. You look so much like your mother." Jisung swatted the wolf's hand away from his face as the older wolf laughed.

"You are not my father. You are an old piece of shit rouge wolf that clearly has tons of issues to sort out." Jisung winced at the pain in his leg. This rogue wolf had injured him, making it hard for him to get away.

The old wolf chuckled, "Oh you are my boy for sure. How could a father not know his own son?" The older wolf grabbed the beta by his arm pulling him up, "We need to keep moving. I'm not ready to be seen yet."

~~~~~

"Come on Jaemin. You need some fresh air. How about a walk?" The door to the omega's room was locked up tightly. "No. I'm busy."