~Chapter 3~

Jake POV

I sighed, and slowed down as I saw Drew's house coming up. It stood out, it was the biggest house on the street. Used to be smaller, but Drew's parents bought all the lots around it and turned it into a mansion. I still don't see the reason.

As I came up on Drew's house I peeked inside. I couldn't see much, but I saw some stuff on the ground. I knocked on the door, and let myself inside. I've been here enough that his parents just let me, Liam, and Henry come in without saying anything. It's like we live here. 

I searched around for the three of them, but didn't see anything, but I did hear yelling. I ran upstairs toward the screaming and ran right into Drew's room, since that's where it was coming from.

I saw Drew hiding in the corner, throwing stuff at Henry and Liam, who were both using pillows as shields, as they were trying to get closer to him. 

"Jake!" Henry called when he saw me. "Yeah, I'm here, what's going on?" I asked. "Drew is trying to jump out of the window." Liam explained. "Could you grab him and help us calm him down?" I nodded, and mapped out a quick plan. 

I then jumped over to Drew, grabbed his wrist, pushed him down to the ground, and put one of my legs on his back to trap him.

Henry and Liam stared in awe at what I did. "How did you- Nevermind. Let's just calm him down, already." Henry said. 

Drew started to squirm around, but everytime he moved I pulled on his arm a little harder as a warning. "Okay, Drew, what's wrong?" Liam asked. "I'm FINE" Drew replied. 

"Then why the hell are you trying to jump out of the window?!" I countered. "To get fresh air." "Okay, we all know that you would never do that." Henry rolled his eyes. 

Drew growled and stayed quiet. 

"Well. We're not going anywhere with this." Henry finally said after two hours. Drew hadn't said a word the whole time. 

"Hey, how about we all just stay here for the night? To make sure he doesn't do anything drastic?" Henry suggested. "That sounds like a good idea." I agreed. 

"Well, someone's going to have to get our stuff." Liam said. Henry and I quickly put our fingers on our noses. Liam rolled his eyes and stood up.

"I'll be back. And Jake, want me to go in the backway?" He asked. I nodded, and he left. "Well, in the meantime, maybe we could play something?" Henry said. 

"Yeah, sure. What do you think, Drew?" I looked down at Drew who was still being as quiet as a mouse. I rolled my eyes.

Liam POV

As I snuck into Jake's house with Henry and I's backpacks, I heard something coming from the kitchen. It sounded like banging. I dropped the bags and went to investigate. I saw Jake's Mom throwing things around the kitchen. 

"God dammit!" She yelled, throwing another pan at the window, before falling down to the ground. "This is all my f**king fault! He's going to turn out just like his father.. AH! DAMMIT!" She started to cry.

I wanted to say something, but I didn't want her to know I was here. I just slipped back into Jake's room, grabbed his backpack along with mine and Henry's, and headed back to Drew's house.

Upon entry, I saw Henry and Jake playing Uno. "Skip, reverse, skip again, skip again, plus two, and I win." Jake said, and Henry threw his cards to the ground. 

"This game is stupid." Henry growled. "Ah, don't be a sore loser, Hen! I just got lucky, that's all." Jake smiled. 

Out of all four of us, he's the only one who keeps us from ripping each other's hair out, I don't know how he does it though. 

"I'm back, and Jake, can I talk to you real quick?" I said, dropping the bags to the floor. "Uh.. sure." He seemed to already know what I wanted to talk about.

We exited the room and I looked Jake dead in the eye. "What's going on with your mom..? When I was over there, she was cursing, and throwing things around." I said. 

Jake looked down. "Uh.. Yeah.. She.. Does that. It's because she blames herself for.. Y'know." He answered. I placed a hand on his shoulder, but he quickly brushed it off. 

I gave him a concerned look, and he widened his eyes realizing what he did. Shook his head then flashed a smile my way. "Come on! Let's not keep them waiting." He said. I nodded, and followed him back in the room, where Henry was trying to keep Drew from getting out.

Jake gasped, and quickly grabbed Drew by the waist, pulling him back in the room. "No! Stay in here!" He yelled, and all three of them fell on their butts. I started laughing because they looked like two dads and a son. Jake quickly grabbed Drew's arm before he did anything, and held him from going outside.

For the rest of the night, we just hung out, watched a movie, and basically stayed up until Drew was out. Which took a while. The whole time Jake was basically handcuffed to Drew. 

"Psst, Henry." I whispered. "Hm?" Henry hummed back. "If Jake and Drew end up hugging each other in their sleep, you owe me 50 dollars." I smirked. "Deal." Henry smirked back. 

------

Word count: 916