"What?" I shifted onto my side to face him.

"In your nightmare." He moved so his position mirrored mine. "How did he kill you?"

"Oh, um, dagger" Dream took this in, subconsciously meeting my eyes.

He reached out, his hand closed over mine, stopping them from fidgeting.

"Ok" He sighed and started making circles on my hand with his thumb.
I yawned and looked out the window not sure what time it was, and how much sleep I had gotten.

Dream noticed. "It's still early, you should get some more sleep." He whispered his voice soft, so much nicer than the harsh laughter from my nightmare. I nodded and pulled the sheets back over me, severing his hand from mine. I got comfortable again, ready to get some more sleep however Dream hadn't moved.

He was watching me again, a soft smile adorned across his lips.

"What?" I whispered to him, slightly embarrassed. Did I do something he found funny?

"Nothing" He whispered in return. I broke our eye contact and looked towards the ceiling. Sleep soon clouded my mind, my eyelid getting heavier by the second.

Just before I fell into sleep I heard his soft voice by my ear. I tried to understand but by then I was too far into slumber.

~~~
Dream ‼️

"I love you" I whispered into her ear. I meant it. It felt good to say it. I knew she may never reciprocate those feelings but I had to say it. I loved her.

I could tell she had fallen asleep. I moved the blanket further around her before I wrapped my arms around her and quickly found myself asleep.

~~

The light shone on my face, waking me up generously. Y/N stirred in my arms as I looked down at her. I could feel her methodical heart beat, each of her breaths reverberating through my chest. I lay still trying not to wake her up, I wasn't sure how she'd react to waking up in my arms again. I just wanted to appreciate the moment whilst I had it.

She had told me about her nightmare. About Schlatt, how he plagued her at night, killing her in her dreams only for her to wake up in a flurry.
I had banished Schlatt a couple years ago. Not without reason of course.

I heard her groan before shifting to bury her head in to chest, my arms still around her.

She froze suddenly realising the situation she was in. Again.

I chuckled. "Goodmorning Y/N"

She stayed silent, her head still in my hoodie. I sighed. At least she wasn't screaming at me. At least this way, it felt like she loved me too.

She wriggled in my grasp as I let her go. She rolled to the side, getting off me before looking back at me.

"I want to go hunting" She demanded before pausing. "with you" She added in a sweet way her voice softening. I knew the tactic, it wasn't nessessarily a bad one, just one to get your way. Make them flattered, they accept.

I let out a light laugh, she was a good actor. I looked over at her again expecting a scowl on her pretty face, except I was met with an innocent, confused look. Either she was a good actor, or she genuinely wanted to go hunting with me.

I stayed quiet stunned for a second trying to read her, looking for a weakness in her act. I eventually gave up and shrugged. "Ok"

I sat up and swung my legs over the side of the bed, grabbing my mask and putting it on. "I'll be waiting when your ready."

I stood up and left the room.

~~

We were in a bush. Y/N beside me, her bow poised to shoot in front of her as she slid an arrow into place.

Click

She raised it, training her veiw on the boar in front of us. She took a breath then released the arrow.

It whizzed through the air and straight and buried itself into the broad shoulder of the animal as it fell to the ground.

Y/N dropped her bow to the side, stepping out to collect her killings. I stayed in the bush, watching her sling the pig over her shoulder.

Suddenly she stiffened up as an arrow went flying past her shoulder barely skimming her armour. She withdrew the sword from her belt and stood with both feet planted onto the ground.

He eyes flicked to the bush I was in, wondering what I was doing. I stayed silent, I wanted to watch how this went down. Who she had to fight.

She turned her attention back to where the arrow had come from, awaiting the next attack.

I heard the snap of a branch behind me as I swerved round, the blade of an axe almost severing my head clean off. In front of me stood him.

"Technoblade" I spat at him.

A sentient pig who stabs orphans, sacrificing their blood to the blood god.

A pig who never dies.

My enemy.

"Dream" He had a smirk across his face, his head tilted to the side almost cocky. "And what do I owe the pleasure?"

"i think I ought to be the one to say that." I waved my hands in the air, sword in one, shield in other." You are in, my land"

He chucked. "Same old power hungry tyrant I see." I heard Y/N call my name behind me. "Glad to see somethings never change."

I heard Y/N scramble beside me before looking up at the man in front of us. She stopped in her tracks. Her breathing becoming heavy.

I looked at her, puzzled. I cleared my throat. "This is-"

She cut me off before I could introduce him. "Techno-" Her voice was weak, painted with sorrows as if her heart was breaking.

"Y/N?" Technos voice had softened from his usual monotone voice, something I had never heard before.

So they knew eachother.

They looked at eachother in disbelief.

Their eyes glued to each others. She looked at him a way she had never looked at me.

A way she may never look at me.

I felt a pang of jealousy. Anger coursed through my veins taking over my actions.

I lifted my sword, ready to strike before he disappeared in a cloud of purple particles.

I heard Y/N drop to her knees behind me. I turned to see her shaking, her eyes open wide in distress as she stared at the spot the pig had once stood. A single tear spilled down her face as she uttered 5 words.

"I thought he was dead"

~~
Sorry for the wait <3

469 reads ;)

I maybe might have procrastinated this chapter a bit. I was a bit stuck on ideas tbh so it started to be a filler chapter then ended up as, idrk.

1625 words :)