Chapter 1055

Back at the District with Jay
Jay's POV:
As I stand in the basement of the precinct with Mouse, I stare at what he is doing on his laptop. "I swear, you have gotten way better at this since you left to go back to Afghanistan." Mouse turned to look at me and smiled. "Called new military training. You are lucky that you are military because, if not you couldn't be down here." I nodded and understood. "Trust me, I get it. That's one thing I don't miss about the military. All of the security clearances and secrecy. Just glad that I still get to tell my stories to Erin."

Mouse smiled as he turned to look up at me. "Okay, be honest with me. How the hell did you get her to be your wife? I mean, she's Voight's daughter basically and originally...she was off limits. Now, I come back and she's your pregnant wife." I chuckled and smiled at him. "That one's a long story. So, if you want to hear it you can't complain." Mouse nodded. "Let's hear it." I chuckled. "Well, it all started with her mom. She got in trouble with the law and almost took Erin down with her. Hank saved her ass. She had to go to New York though."

Mouse nodded as he kept working. "So, how did she get back in Chicago?" I smiled. "I went to New York while I had vacation. I had like a month off. So, I ran into her and we had this one month relationship while I was there. I took off from the beginning of August right until September 13th. I wanted to be there for the 9/11 memorial." Mouse nodded and agreed. "Let me guess, you spent a few nights at her place?" I nodded and agreed. "Some great nights."

Mouse smiled when I said that. "We had a fling and I got her pregnant. Then, Hank worked it out with the FBI that she could come home because she was pregnant with my child. We got back together and the rest is history. Everything just fell back into place and we decided to go for it and get married." That's when I heard Erin come downstairs. "That's not how I remember it. Last time I checked, you made this huge deal about us getting engaged and proposed in front of our family." I nodded and smiled. "Hey, what are you doing down here?"

Walking over to me, Erin wrapped her arm around my back before leaning up to kiss me softly. "I need you to go get me something. I ordered some lunch for the team." I nodded and understood. Mouse then looked at Erin. "Sorry, why exactly does it have to be Jay? We're in a good conversation right now." I then turned to look at him. "Mouse, when you get yourself a pregnant wife...you'll understand." I then smirked as I rubbed Erin's butt and put my hand on her baby bump.

I then smiled at her while kissing her forehead when I heard Antonio come downstairs. He then looked at us. "Sorry, I interrupting?" Erin then turned around to look at him. "No, what's up? Shocked to see you here." Antonio sighed. "Sylvie is tired and needed rest. Can't work from home when she's this cranky and moody. No offence Erin but, she's way worse than you because she has twins." Erin nodded and understood.

"So, I am here. But, I was going to call my sister if I could stop by on lunch break?" Jay looked at him and nodded, smiling. "Sure but after...I want to talk to you about any possible raids we might need to do. We can start the planning ahead of time." Antonio nodded and agreed. "Sure, that sounds great. Now listen, I am going to go call my sister." I nodded and then looked at Erin. "And I am going to get you some lunch. Did you order something for Mouse?"

Erin nodded. "I texted him." Mouse looked up at me and nodded, smiling. "So, I am not going to Molly's am I?" Erin sighed. "Yes, you are. Remember, we are supporting it because it is owned by Antonio's sister and it is also owned by Sgt. Platt and her husband Randy." I nodded and remembered that. "Right. Okay, well I am going to drop by and get it. You said pick up right?" I nodded and smiled at him. "I am not coming. Need to stay here in case Hank calls."

I chuckled and nodded. I then walked over to her and kissed her softly. "I won't be long. Greg, make sure that she sits down if she stays down here. She may be the boss but she is still pregnant." He agreed and then moved over to sit on another chair. "Sit down, I don't want to be yelled at by my supervisor." Erin chuckled and nodded as she went to sit next to him as I walked away.

Erin's POV: Once Jay left to go get the food, I looked at Mouse and saw him working on code. "Is this literally what you do for your job?" Mouse looked at me and nodded. "This is what you hired me for." I nodded and laughed. "Oh, we haven't taken over yet. Hank is still the head. We are just interim heads." Mouse then looked at me. "What happened to him anyways?"

I sighed and looked at him. "He got shot in the line of duty." I then decided to back up a bit because, even though I was wearing a mask...I still didn't want to take the risk. "Now, he's being treated at the hospital by my brother-in-law. I just hope to get an update from him soon. I've been trying to text him." Mouse nodded. "I know. Jay got a text recently from Will asking if you were in the middle of a stressful case. Apparently he knew you were back at work as Interim Head so, he wanted to make sure you put your pregnancy first."

I stared at him and then groaned. "Of course he did. If you excuse me Mouse, I will be right back. I have to call my brother-in-law." Mouse nodded and agreed. I then got up and walked back upstairs to my temporary office where I was going to call Will about me getting information about Voight. Then, I was going to talk to Jay when he got back.