May 2021 ~ Roster

Yep

Yep. I'm a stormtrooper. Feel free to make fun of me.

But also! A huge Stormer welcome to JWCMaherTheSmileMaker, and rsoultin! Lovely to have you. <3

Author Username: Di_Rossi

TGC: 110

Book Title: Charlotte Wynthorpe and The Case of the Disappearing Diamonds

Rating: PG-13

Description: London 1923. Charlotte Wynthorpe's socialite circle is being plagued by a rash of diamond burglaries during their wild, drunken parties. Sensing some terrible fun to be had, Charlotte decides on the spur of the moment to investigate. But what she discovers turns out to be anything other than fun and games.

This is a classic Agatha Christie-style mystery novella set in the English upper classes with humorous touches à la PG Wodehouse (Jeeves & Wooster / 1930s comedy). It contains LGBT+ themes accurate to the time period. Many characters originally appeared in my historical novel "Aftermath," making this somewhat a fan fiction off of my own work. (Is that allowed? Can you fan fic yourself? ) Chapter 1 brings those readers new to the world up to speed.

Critique Preferences: Anything you think will improve the story.

Book Title: This Must be the Place and Other Stories

Rating: PG

Description: Delightful stories of various genres and themes. Many written for contests or from prompts. 3k or under.

Critique Preference: Anything constructive!

Book TItle: The Song of Fafnir

Rating: PG (for violence)

Description: This novella is a retelling of the Siegfried and the Dragon story, but from the POV of the "dragon" -- who isn't really a dragon, but a Mountain Dwarf. It stays true to the original Nibelungen story from Germanic mythology, but reinterprets some of the action to cast certain characters in a totally different light. You don't have to know the original story to enjoy this, as there's an short intro and the first chapter sort of recaps the idea. Although this is straight mythology, it's NOT non-stop action. It's the recollections of a 300-year old Dwarf who speaks in longer, Norse-sounding sentences. If short and peppy is for you, then this isn't. But, if you like mythological fantasy, then it probably is.