Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

"Sure." Grant gave up. "Do whatever you want while I'm gone. Just don't get in trouble and leave the church alone. We can discuss it more when I get back if you want."

Grant left and I waved him goodbye. Jessica had taken Granny Gert to a doctor's appointment, so now Xavion and I were alone in Granny's house.

Xavion suddenly started to snatch up the things of his own and snapped his fingers. His leather jacket magically appeared over his shirt.

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked, suddenly feeling suspicious.

He shot me a grin. "We're going somewhere."

"Oh no."

"I wasn't serious about vandalizing the church... until--"

I groaned.

"--Grant forbid us. Now, there's no way I'm not vandalizing that place."

I protested. "It's day. Plenty of people will be there."

"More witnesses to show that I am not a demon to be fucked with." He smirked.

...............................

Xavion's form of vandalism wasn't exactly what I was expecting. He was drawing a giant, cartoon penis on the side of the building with what he called "spray paint". Much like its name, it sprayed paint wherever he pointed it. The picture was grossly large and detailed.

For the third time, he offered a can to me. "Come on, Ishy!" He urged, spraying a vein into the crude drawing.

I rolled my eyes and gave our surroundings another look. The back of the church was quite deserted. The back parking lot seemed to be quite unused. It was also hidden from the road, so no one had caught Xavion and I yet. I crossed my arms, rejecting his offer to tie me up in this.

He pouted. "Come onnn, do it for the sin-points it'll rack up."

That gave me pause. I sighed and snatched the can from him. I started to mimic Xavion, but found that I put too much paint in one area and it made a messy blob. I tried to maneuver my hand to draw, but I wasn't used to drawing on a surface in front of me. I started spelling out "Xavion is a loser" in messy, red letters.

Xavion glanced over at my progress. I was on the "o" in loser.

He glared at me. "That better say 'Xavion is a lovely companion' when you're done."

I smirked and drew the 's'.

He narrowed his eyes and watched as I finished the insult against the side of the building. Then, he scoffed. "You know, the church would probably agree with you there."

He took his paint can and sprayed black paint over 'loser' and rewrote 'sexy man'. I choked on a laugh.

"Sure." I sarcastically remarked.

"You don't think I'm sexy?" He flexed his bicep and gave me a devilish smirk.

I got ready to shoot him another insult, but suddenly cut off when I realized how close he had gotten to me to prove his supposed 'sexiness'. The feeling of my heart beating faster caught me off guard. It had the intense heat of wrath, but the feeling welling in my chest felt more fluttery than that. Xavion fired off into a rant about how he was the sexiest man to ever grace this plane, returning to his artistic piece on the wall.

I watched as he stretched, getting on his toes to spray a higher part of the picture. As he stretched, his shirt lifted to reveal a patch of skin.

Usually, I would look past such things. But this time, I oddly couldn't tear my eyes away.

"Hey!" A wrath-filled voice yelled from behind. "What are you two doing?!"