10: Don't Watch Me Cry

Start from the beginning

After gulping down her sip of water along with her pill, she sighed,
"Hideout's status?"

Sam fished out his tablet and monitored from the camera footage and confirmed,
"All clear."

She nodded her head as they entered the elevator. She pulled up the collar of her jacket to cover the lower part of her face. Her palm held onto her collar keeping it in place while her other arm was crossed across her chest. Soon after, the others filled the elevator and it started ascending.

No one spoke a single word. Everyone taking their time to get familiar with the silence without the others which will last for quite a long time. Yet, a part of them was happy, that they finally found freedom. The freedom to roam where they want, to do things as they wish and to not be under constant fear of being eaten.

A knot had formed in Y/n's stomach. An uneasy feeling filling her. She wasn't sure why. Maybe it was her siblings leaving or maybe the fear of not knowing what lies next that had cornered her. For her the possiblities of the latter were more. Even so, a piece of her heart said it was because of the depature of her loved ones. Shrugging the thought off, believing that it held no value, she continued to plan for her next moves.

~Time Skip~

The sun had already set. But the orange and red hues that were supposed to cover the sky were replaced with a dark and gray sky. A few drizzles here and there. A slight breeze blew, the type that is enjoyed by most. It was apparent that it would pour, and if Y/n were honest, she couldn't wait to see the water hit the ground. She felt like she needed it. She needed it to wash away the uneasiness that rested within her. To wash away her fear of what lies next. To wash away all her negative emotions.

Y/n unlocked the door to their hideout, taking steps in. Everyone hustled inside as sighs in exhaustion escaped their lips. Barbara immediately plopped on the couch, all of her energy drained out of her. Emma let out a tired laugh at the brunette's action. Norman took off his jacket, placing it on the coat hanger and smiled as he watched his friends. Cislo leaned on the couch as he chugged down a whole water bottle, exhaling an obnoxnious sigh after. Whereas, Zazzie in the corner stretched a bit. Ray remained silent as he put his arms and legs to rest, the adrenaline disappearing as exhaustion took over him. Y/n and Sam simultaneously emptied their bagpacks, each one taking out ziplocks with name tags, perking up everyone's curiosity.

Y/n handed over the ziplocks to Norman, Barbara, Cislo and Zazzie. She exhaled,
"These are the medicines that will not fully cure but reduce your seizures till quite an extent. In the paper, the instructions for intaking them are given. Sam already handed Vincent his."
Barbara wore a mellow smile as she gazed at the transparent ziplock bag that contained her medicines. Medicines that will save her life. She couldn't be happier.

She smiled warmly at Y/n,
"Thank you so much, Y/n-san!"

The said girl waved her hands dismissively,
"There's no need for that."

Barbara's smile didn't falter. For her, having Y/n as the leader was a blessing. Her considerate, kind and understanding personality always managed to plaster a grin on her face. She always wondered how someone could be soft yet badass at the same time. She thought the term used for such people was 'tsundere'. Nevertheless, just knowing that she cared for her comrades made her feel appreciated. A feeling she hadn't felt ever since she left her house. But it was no worry for her. For she found it again.

"Who's up for cooking?" Y/n inquired.

Barbara quietly tip-toed her way away from the girl as she muttered under her breath,
"Definitely not me. I don't even know how to light a fire."