Chapter 43

22 weeks pregnant...

2 days have passed since I last held the big clan meeting, and we were back to regroup for their answers.

I breathed out tiredly as I cupped my large belly in my hands. My babies were growing inside of me each passing day and getting stronger by the hours. My power and Gojo's power were following in their blood. I really hope one looks like me. I want to look at my child and be like 'yeah s/he looks just like their mommy'. Although Naozumi is cute, he's more like his father than me. I miss Gojo so much that it comes to a point where Naozumi does act like him. He's basically Gojo's clone.

I sighed in the motel I stayed at in Hokkaido. I wasn't going to buy a plane ticket home and back if I could stay here for two days. I know damn well these higher ups weren't going to send assassins to kill me on sacred grounds.

Knock knock knock

"Come in,"

"Ena-sama, the meeting is about to begin soon." A Gojo servant entered my room, bowing before me as I'm their temporary leader. They know how to show respect without asking them to do it. At least they know who's their master.

"Excellent!" I clasped my hands together. "Why don't we go see them right now shall we?" I plastered a crooked smile.

So much awaits at this possibly last meeting if they choose to turn their back on me. They all should know that I'm trying really hard to convince them with the evidence I've shown them. Also, they should realize that if I wanted to destroy this world, I would've done it in a heartbeat. I wouldn't have gone through so much to get the head leaders assembled at Hokkaido. I'm trying to be positive and believe that they'll side with me. These leaders better not fail me.

"Ugh, my back aches, my feet aches... I'm always hungry and I have to pee every 10 minutes..." I grumbled to myself in the car ride to the secret hideout. I really wanted my babies out of me. I'm tired of being pregnant. There's just so many changes that are happening to my body, and I'm really wanting to buy a wheelchair at this point. My swollen feet were too tired to walk. It's a good thing that I have servants, kids, and other adults to do my work for me.

Arriving on time for the meeting, it was only just me and the three head clan leaders. I decided not to take Naozumi with me. I made him go home with Megumi and Yuta. He has seen enough after the first meeting. I want to spare him the daily life of a clan leader and let him be a child. I don't want to rob his innocence when it already has. I missed the days of being happy with Gojo. The household was always so lively and loud, but it's a bit lonely and empty now... At least we have people to fill in those big gaps of his missing presence.

Getting out of the car, I breathed the autumn air and it smelled like change. Something big was going to happen. I can bet my money that it's the clan leaders siding with me.

Wobbling to the traditional Japanese house, I slid open the rice panel door. "I'm here...!" Even though the walk wasn't long, it's tiring to carry three lives inside of me. I have to breathe more and stop in my tracks to rest, and the cycle continues.

"Ena, why don't you rest before we start?" The Inumaki leader kindly suggested, being more considerate than the other two men in this room.

Without saying anything, I nodded in response.

A few minutes later, we were discussing their final decision.

"So... What is it going to be?" I gazed at everyone, pulling out a rice cracker from my sleeve to munch on since I was a bit hungry. I gotta feed my babies one way or another.

Crunch crunch crunch

My chewing echoed in the air until Naobito Zenin cleared his throat.