The day we knew you were in love.

At that, Lily frowned again. Sure Eleanor was a romantic, but that... That didn't make any sense. She didn't have that much time to deliberate though, since Claire decided it was time to let Fred do his part in that special day.

"Freddie!" She smiled as she watched her dog running downstairs toward her. "Hey, buddy! Hey! I've missed you too." She giggled when he placed both his paws in her lap and happily accepted her fondling. Once again that day, she frowned. "What's that you have in here, huh, buddy? Can I see that?"

She reached for his leash and gasped once she realized what it was. Another sun flower with a white bow and another picture. This time, it was one she had taken almost six years ago, when Fred was still a puppy. It was a rare day off for her and Spencer, and since she was still healing from Oliver's death, her best friend - at the time, that was his only title - had decided to take her out for some fresh air.

"So, how is Fred?" He had asked, as they both walked around the park a few blocks down from Lily's house.

"He's the sweetest." She smiled. "A bit energetic, but it's the cutest thing."

She had giggled when Fred barked at a pigeon and wiggled his tail excitedly once it flew away. Spencer smiled at her.

"Would you like some popcorn?" He asked, once he saw the small cart a few feet away from them.

"Yeah, very much." She nodded. She reached for her purse but Spencer stopped her.

"It's fine." He assured. "Just sit down and wait for me to come back with Freddie."

Lily smiled and nodded, doing as he had told her and sitting on the bench, holding Fred close by his leash. She remembered how confused the little dog had looked. He wanted to go with Spencer, but he also didn't want to leave Lily's side. When he whined, Lily giggled.

"You want to go with Spence, buddy?" She asked. When he whined again, she smiled, reaching down to take off the leash from him. "Go on, buddy, go on."

She watched as Fred clumsily ran in Spencer's direction and barked at his feet once he reached him. Spencer had turned around and frowned slightly, before turning to Lily, who only shrugged. He smiled and crouched down to play a bit with Fred as the man prepared the popcorn for them. Lily thought it was incredibly sweet the way her dog seemed so happy in the presence of her best friend, so, quickly she snatched a picture.

Lily turned the picture around and, sure enough, there was a caption behind it.

The day I figured out I wanted him to stay.

"What the..."

"Hey, Lily." Claire called as she walked down the stairs with a pretty dress and a coat in hand, trying to act as of nothing was happening, but Lily saw right through her. Especially, she saw right through that little smirk playing on her pink-tinted lips. "Can we go?"

"What's happening?" She asked, as she got up from the couch. Claire giggled.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." She shrugged. "But I'd take the flowers if I were you."

"Claire..."

"Come on, Lily." The girl interrupted her, already unlocking the door. "I don't want to be late."

With a groan, Lily picked up the three flowers up and sent Fred upstairs so she could turn on the alarm. Once she was out the house, she kept bugging Claire to tell her what was going on, but the girl wouldn't say anything. Instead, she decided her best shot was to give Lily the silent treatment, only opening her mouth to tell her to follow the instructions coming from her phone. A bit frustrated, but far too curious to argue, Lily did what she was told, ending up pulling up on the small Japanese restaurant she loved and that Spencer had taken her to many times before.