a visitor (eret)

Requested by venussaysstuff (in my previous book hehe part one here https://www.wattpad.com/1064430904-mcyt-oneshots-and-preferences-surprise-eret)

The uncomfortable back of the chair dug into your skin, but you still fidgeted anxiously, tapping on the armrest, eyes locked onto where they would be coming out. They were a whole five minutes late.

Honestly, how long did it even take to land a plane?

Gulping nervously, you took a sip of your coffee, jittery. Had they just decided to flake on you or something? Eret wouldn't do that, obviously they wouldn't, but the fear still created a shockwave in your body, the urge to get up and run away stronger than ever. Nausea made you hold a hand to your mouth, trembling.

Suddenly, a wave of people started to exit through the gate, looking exhausted and trailing large suitcases behind them. Your eyes scanned over the swarm of people-over families, couples, friends, children, until you locked eyes with-

Eret.

Standing up shakily, you blinked at them like you could barely believe they were there. Eret gave you a tired smile, walking over and holding open their arms. "C'mere."

It was almost embarrassing how close you two remained the whole journey home, the poor uber driver trying to make conversation while you rested on their shoulder, eyes closed. You gave him a good tip, but the uber driver still drove off as fast as he could when he dropped you off.

Shrugging your shoulders at Eret's confused expression, you unlocked the doors to your apartment and opening the door open for them. They walked in slowly, head looking around to really take everything in, stopping several times on the picture frames on the wall, coming closer and smiling at one-the one where you had the best birthday of your life.

"You look cute," they said, before moving on to look at a different room, curious.

You realised that they had moved onto your room way too late, running after them. "Wait, wait, don't look in there-"

Walking in, it was too late, the plastic bag dropped to the floor, Eret holding the contents in their hands, shaking slightly. Two chains were balanced on his fingers, one a heart padlock and the other a key that opened said padlock-you had bought them several days ago, for you two to match. Their hand went to cover their mouth, sniffling. "You got these for us?"

"Well, I was meant to give it to you, but yes." You stepped closer, wiping away their tears. "Don't cry, it's only two necklaces."

"But they match..." they snuffled, arms wrapping around you, the chains coming to dangle over your shoulder. "Can we wear them now?"

"Of course we can, idiot."

(A/N-we are BACK with the oneshots and preferences, please feel free to request :))