With a sigh she stood up again, gently brushing off the dirt off her clothes. Qiqi silently watched, before holding onto her hand again.

(y/n)'s lips tugged into a smile at the sight of the zombie, warmth spreading through her body as she felt the familiar touch.

"Let's go to the Lantern Rite now, shall we? I'm sure Zhongli is already waiting for us"

"Ah.. it has been quite a while, (y/n)", the brown haired male smiled warmly and pulled her into a welcoming hug.

She nodded in response, before letting go of his tall figure and taking a look around. Liyue Harbor almost looked the same as before, even though hundreds of years had passed.

The streets and houses were decorated with countless lanterns, the laughter of kids filled the air as Zhongli, Qiqi and (y/n) started to walk through the city.

The male carried Qiqi in his arms, smiling whenever the zombie said something. (y/n) slowly trailed behind, a little lost in thought.

That was until an angry voice caught her attention.

"I'll kill you!"

She turned around, just to meet the sight of a small man with a large hat and dark navy blue hair aggressively chasing another male. His eyebrows were furrowed, as his sharp gaze closely followed the other person.

Other citizens shot them judging looks, while trying continue their work. (y/n) suppressed a grin, before turning away again to catch up with Zhongli and Qiqi.

But something caused her to stop in her movements

"Try me, little man"

That voice..

The female froze, immediately recognizing the familiar laugh that followed after these words.

She quickly turned to the direction of the voice, stumbling when she almost ran against a slender figure.

And her eyes met his.

She felt her own heartbeat rapidly beating through her chest, when she saw him.

Blue eyes, orange hair.

There he stood, his playful smile slowly being replaced by a confused expression when he noticed her staring.

"Well, you certainly are a pretty lady"

Could it be..?

(y/n)'s eyes widened, warmth spreading through her entire body.

The person in front of her furrowed his brows, causing an irk mark appear on his forehead.

"I feel like.. we have met before. Have we?"

Yes. Yes, we have met before

The warm light of the lanterns shone on his young looking face, as he hesitantly squinted his eyes, as if he was trying to remember their encounter.

He quickly shook his head, a groan escaping his lips as he did so.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me.. I might as well introduce myself"

"The name's Ajax, but you can also call me Childe. It's a pleasure to meet you"

——————

end : reincarnation

————————

Hello again, i'm sorry this extra chapter took a lot longer than expected and didn't turn out as good as i wanted it to

Unfortunately i didn't come up with a fitting alternative ending, so please take this as an apology lol

also, i'm going to work on a xiao ff soon, just in case you want to check it out ^^

Either way, I wanted to thank you so much for all the votes and comments <3 I never expected  so many people to like this book, so thank you to everyone who read it :)

take care <3