chap. 1

The grass gently swayed in the wind, giving off a relaxed atmosphere. The sky was tinted in a warm orange and filled with yellow clouds which slightly covered up the sun.

A girl quietly hummed to herself, watching a small squirrel searching for something to eat.

Some hair strands framed her angelic face, complimenting her soft eyes as she smiled.

(y/n) spent most of her time on Mt. Nagoya*, surrounded by mountains, clouds, trees and animals.

No mortal ever dared to enter Jueyin Karst- the place was known as the home of the adepti. She, herself, was not an adeptus, but a small goddess who sided with the Geo Archon during the Archon War.

Her power allowed her to create illusions, whether it was a sentient being or an object. She was physically not very powerful, but it was easy for her to trick people.

Back in the Archon War, her illusions drove many people insane- sometimes she would make the enemies see their most loved ones die.

But today (y/n) used her ability, to guide mortals out of this place. It happened quite often since the Citizens of Liyue needed help from the adepti and got lost on "her mountain".

The female chose to appear as a graceful woman. Although she was over 6000 years old, she didn't look older than 20.

She lightly hopped off the rock she was sitting on and decided to walk around for a while. It was slowly getting dark and everything went quiet.

Her feet automatically carried her to a familiar wooden house at the border of Jueyun Karst.

It was next to a small river and had a colorful garden with various flowers right next to it. Warm lights decorated the house and lit up the path along the river.

(y/n) carefully knocked at the door, causing it to open after a few seconds.

"Oh, (y/n)! Long time no see", a smiling boy welcomed her. "Why don't you come in? I will prepare some tea for you".

The girl nodded with a gentle smile on her lips. "Thank you, Aito".

"So how have you been? Last time you visited us was like.. two months ago?", the brown-haired male asked while giving (y/n) a cup of tea, which she gladly accepted.

"I guess time passes faster than I thought. More people have been wanting to talk to the adepti lately", she answered swiftly. "It's dumb, since they know that the adepti don't like being disturbed".

The boy slowly nodded in agreement. "Yes, more citizens have passed this house lately", he let out a small sigh.

"I wish you could've come a little earlier. Hina left a few hours ago to help with the Lantern Festival in Liyue Harbor", he added and looked out of the window.

"Did she need something?"

"Oh, yes. She mentioned something about a flower. It's called 'Windwheel Aster' if i remember correctly"

(y/n) furrowed her brows for a second. Those were pretty hard to get in Liyue, since they only grew in Mondstadt.

"But don't worry about it", Aito said with a reassuring smile and folded his hands on the kitchen table.

A few moments later (y/n) finished her cup of tea and stood up.

"I'll get going, thanks for the tea", she gave him a soft smile. Aito couldn't help but get mesmerized by her smile. Any guy would fall for her in an instant.

"I will bring her the flowers. That's the least I can do for you", (y/n) declared as she walked towards the door.

"Well then, try not to make anyone fall in love with you, my dear goddess", he said in a joking manner and brought the empty cups to the simple kitchen.

She let out a chuckle in response. "Take care, Mortal", the words smoothly left her mouth as she left the building. Aito waved with a grin before closing the door and getting ready for bed.

When (y/n) finally arrived in Mondstadt, she made her way to the big tree in Windrise, where the red flowers were planted.

Aito and Hina were siblings and friends of her, who she visited from time to time. They often kept her company since she was pretty lonely on Mt. Nagoya.

She hummed softly as she picked up the flowers Hina needed. Her friends knew about her true identity as a goddess, other than many mortals she met.

'8 Flowers should be enough', the girl thought after counting them. She carefully stuffed them in a small package.

"Heyy, if it isn't (y/n)!", a high voice laughed.

"Greetings, Barbatos", she replied and looked at the small bard.

He jumped off the tree and landed in front of her with a bright smile.

"What are you doing here? You never come to Mondstadt to visit me", he slightly pouted. The girl laughed lightly.

"Well, I'm here to get something for a friend. Have you heard? The Lantern Festival is in a few weeks", she said with a hint of excitement in her voice.

The bard nodded. "Yes, yes, of course. It's one of Liyue's biggest events after all".

"Are you coming?"

"I don't think that grandpa Morax would like to see me there, hehe~", he nervously scratched his neck with an awkward smile on his face.

"Who knows.. I will get going now, I better deliver those flowers as soon as possible. It was nice to see you again, Barbatos", (y/n) waved and turned around to head to Liyue Harbor.

"See you, (y/n)! And come visit me anytime"

*Mt. Nagoya is a made up mountain near Mt. Aozang and Mt. Huan