chap. 9

She gently removed the tiny hands that covered her eyes and hugged the small person behind her.

The Anemo Archon laughed happily and embraced the girl as well.

"I didn't expect you to visit me so soon", he said while giggling. She shrugged her shoulders in response.

"It's always nice to have you around", the female then added, causing the bard to smile brightly.

"Who is that guy you travelled with you?", Barbatos then added curiously.

"He-". The bard abruptly interrupted her with a loud gasp. His eyes widened as he stepped back with a shocked look on his face, making the girl glance at him with a questioning look.

"No way! (y/n), is that.. is that your new lover?", he shook his head dramatically.

The female stared at him with a disturbed expression. A few seconds passed with none of them saying something.

"..Are you okay?"

Barbatos shook his head again and opened his mouth, just to be stopped by (y/n).

"Whatever you want to say, stop talking nonsense", she sighed and gave the bard a strange look.

He started giggling and softly smiled at the girl. "I was just joking. So, how long do you plan on staying here?".

(y/n) furrowed her brows. "Two days. Zhongli wants me to visit with him for a while. Kind of", she said hesitantly, causing the smaller boy to slightly pout.

"You like me more than that grandpa, right?", he then asked smiling. A laugh escaped the girls lips.

"Who knows. Maybe I like Xiao better", she answered in a joking manner and stretched her back.

Barbatos glanced at her side profile and scowled. "No you don't. He is rude"

The female laughed again. "You're the one being rude right now", the Archon pouted at the statement.

He really liked the girl, she was like a best friend to him.

"Do you want to go to Angel's Share? They have the best wine in town!", Barbatos suggested with sparkling eyes.

"Do you even have any Mora on you?"

The bard giggled cheekily and just grabbed the female by her wrist to pull her away from the statue of him in the center of Mondstadt.

(y/n) could hear people cheer loudly inside of the bar, while opening the wooden door.

She peeked inside, just to see Childe and a blue haired man with an eyepatch laugh hysterically, while a red haired man shook his head in annoyance.

"Hello!", the bard announced their presence happily. The red haired man sighed loudly when he heard the Archons voice and turned around to clean some wine glasses.

(y/n) heard a "Please no..", escape his lips, causing her to chuckle.

"Oh, (y/n)!", another voice called out her name. She looked at the Gingerhead with a small smile on her lips.

"Why are you still here? It's late and we've travelled quite a lot", she asked him, earning a laugh from the tall male.

"We are only staying for a few days, that's why I want to spend as much time as possible in Mondstadt", he explained briefly. "Plus, I'm not that tired"

The female squinted her eyes and nodded slowly. "I see"

A small figure walked past her.

"So.. you are (y/n)'s travel-friend, I suppose?", the bard asked curiously. Childe nodded in response and sat down next to the blue haired male again.

"Indeed, the name's Childe. And this is Kaeya by the way", he added and pointed to the person next to him.

Kaeya smiled gently and took another sip of his drink. "You're a very pretty lady", he then said.

(y/n) passed the male a smile. "Thank you"

"Well, I would like to have two glasses of wine please", Barbatos ordered cheerfully.

The red haired man (who happened to be the owner of this bar) growled.

"Can you pay this time?", he asked with furrowed brows and slightly rolled his eyes.

Before the bard could answer, Childe interrupted him. "No worries, I will pay"

The Anemo Archon yelped and stared at the Gingerhead with a surprised expression, before starting to giggle uncontrollably.

"Well then..", a sigh escaped the bartender, before he started to fill a clean glass with wine.

"Ehehe.."

"Do you have a vision?", Kaeya asked (y/n) as the four of them settled down on a table upstairs. The bar was pretty empty, since it was almost past midnight.

"No, unfortunately I don't", (y/n) answered swiftly and rested her head on her hand.

The bard quietly sat next to the female and drank his drink with joy.

"Oh.. I need to use the bathroom real quick", Childe excused himself quickly and hurried towards the bathroom of the tavern.

Kaeya, who saw the forced smile on Childe's face, started to laugh maniacally and gleefully took a sip of his own drink, almost spitting it out again because of laughing.

Not a lot happened for the rest of the night.

The red haired male Diluc (who turned out to be Kaeyas "annoying" brother) left the bar after realizing that he won't get the three boys out of the building tonight.

The Anemo Archon demanded more drinks and mostly just giggled all the time. Sometimes he would add a short comment to the topic they were talking about.

Kaeya chatted with (y/n) about work and Mondstadt for an hour, but ended up complaining about his brother and his duties as the Cavalry Captain afterwards.

At some point Childe just fell asleep on his chair and often mumbled something in his sleep. He woke up once to run to the bathroom and return after a few minutes.

However, as soon as he sat down on the chair again, his eyes closed and he fell into a deep slumber again.

In the end, the four of them fell asleep next to the wooden table, not knowing what's going to happen in the next morning.