"Dad! You can't put my mother's life in the hands of a girl of unknown origin. Aren't you afraid that something might happen..."

Xiao Weijun sighed slightly, then smiled at Yun Xi kindly.

"Yun Xi, Wenxuan is spoiled, so don't listen to her. This matter is adults' business, so we are in charge."

Yun Xi glanced at the embarrassed madame of the Si family and shrugged indifferently. "Since the patient's family disagrees, this operation can't be performed. Please think carefully."

She didn't want to make herself a scapegoat, lest something went amiss during the surgery. Si Wenxuan could get her arrested and accuse her of murder. Then she would suffer greatly.

Si Jingting and Xiao Weijun looked at each other and said frankly, "Her opinions aren't important. We'll simply follow the arrangements made by you and Professor Joseph. The surgery will be performed this Sunday."

"If that's the case, then all right." Since the patriarch of the Si family had said so, with so many people present at the scene to testify in her defense, she was no longer afraid even if Si Wenxuan tried to make her into a scapegoat.

Outside the door, Si Wenxuan was still yelling, and she started slamming the door when she couldn't open it.

Just as Si Wenxuan's body slammed into the door, Mu Feichi suddenly reached out and unlocked the door. When the door opened without warning. Si Wenxuan was unable to catch her balance, and she fell sprawling to the ground.

In the presence of so many people, Si Wenxuan had been forced to suffer such extreme humiliation and embarrassment.

Leaning against the wall casually watching her make a fool of herself, Mu Feichi had acted as if everything was normal.

Upon seeing how immaturely mischievous he was, Yun Xi had to work hard to suppress her laughter.

Even in the presence of the Si family patriarch, he'd really had the guts to do what he'd done to Si Wenxuan.

Now, looking sheepish after falling on her face, Si Wenxuan turned in annoyance and was about to vent her fury once again, when she realized that it had been Mu Feichi who'd opened the door. She suppressed her rage.

Biting her lips with an aggrieved expression on her face, she said meekly, "Brother Chi, why didn't you say anything when you opened the door? My foot hurts! It hurts...give me a hand."

Mu Feichi glanced at her as if she was invisible and stood up straight, addressing the patriarch.

"Now that the time has been settled on, we'll be leaving. Madame, please ask Dr. Carl to keep an eye on you. All the arrangements for the operation will be taken care of in advance. If there is nothing else, we'll see you soon."

With that, he walked over and grabbed Yun Xi by the hand, and they left.

Si Wenxuan, who'd stretched out her hand in anticipation of Mu Feichi pulling her up, still sat on the ground awkwardly and watched the person she liked leave with another girl.

After all these grievances and blows, Si Wenxuan was no longer able to keep up her airs. She could no longer resist the urge to scream at Mu Feichi.

"Mu Feichi, stop right there!"

Mu Feichi stopped. He turned his head and looked coldly at Si Wenxuan, who still sat on the ground. His arrogant eyes looked at her with condescension and disdain.

"What's happened to you? You haven't progressed at all since you were a teenager."

"How haven't I progressed? I got first place in every class I took and learned everything there was to learn. How could I not be as good as that wretched girl?"