𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 <the smell>

003. the smell

THE SEATS WERE PACKED, ALMOST AS IF EVERYONE FROM TOWN WERE THERE. to say everyone was nervous was a complete and utter understatement.

ivy anxiously bit her nails as she looked through the crowd. doubtful thoughts raced through her head. what if they didn't show up? what if this was all a big mistake?

"relax they're probably running a bit late." crawford spoke encouragingly.

"your probably right." ivy says.

"wow, you saying i'm right. now that's a first!" he chuckled.

"and now it'll be the last time you'll hear that." she teased.

not so far away was lilian. she was a mess. she was worried about her future. a scout can be anywhere in that crowd. watching her, criticizing her every movements.

she held the script in her hand going over the same line over and over again.

"now life gets better with each of your letters-no. now my life gets, better every letter you writ—"

"two minutes til curtain call!" oakley calls out.

lilian gulped harshly, she rubbed her palms against the baby pink dress.

"try not to screw this up, hollywood." kadence taunted, bumping into the shorter girl on purpose. the papers flew out of lilian's hands as she dropped to the ground, desperately trying to put them in order.

ever since lilian got to wes ham, the girl had it out for her. in kadence's eyes lilian was an easy target. she was quiet, had no friends, and could easily be pushed over.

her reasoning for bullying lilian was still unknown to herself but she still continued doing it anyways.

"shit, let me help." crawford offered, gathering the remaining papers.

"um t-thanks—" lilian got out before kadence scoffs walking away.

"take my advice, and don't pay attention to kadence she has nothing on you. she's just jealous." crawford says, handing the items to lilian. "it'll be okay." he smiled, walking away.

"okay everyone! places!" ivy whisper-yelled.

"it'll be okay." the blonde whispered to herself.

"it's good to see your face!"

"angelica, tell this man john adams spends the summers with his family." lilian huffs, repeated the memorized lines word for word.

"angelica, tell my wife john adams doesn't have a real jobs anyways."

"...your not joining us?" nova asks.

"i'm afraid i cannot join you upstate." tyler says.

the scene continues but to ivy her focus was on the audience. this was the second show and it was nearly over. maybe they had given up on her.

but then everything fades out a bit as ivy's mother meets her eyes. they lock eyes as ivy smiles widely at her, her mother returns the action but keeps her lips sealed. crawford's father didn't budge to look at her, he took his seat and continued to watch the show.

her mother and cawford's father, take the seat in the second row.

"they came." she whispered to herself as she smiled sheepishly.

and everything went good in the end. both shows went well, the crowd cheering loudly for all the cast mates and crew members. they all took their bows before running backstage.