3- I won't hurt you

"A-Alexander.." The boy flinched. "Alex, son, do you know who I am?"

Alex shook his head ever so slightly. Washington's face fell. "Well, Alexander, my name is George Washington. I'm your adoptive father. I won't hurt you." Washington explained.

Alex's head popped out of the bundle of his older selfs clothes. "Y-you promise?"

Washington's heart melted and he softly smiled. "I promise." Washington was a bit suprised when little Alex held out a tiny pinky finger.

"Pinky promise?" He asked.

"Pinky promise." Washington responded, wrapping his much larger finger around his sons'.

"M-my name is Alex. I'm 6!" Alex claimed out of his bundle and greeted Washington, holding up six fingers to show how old he is.

"That's great. But you need some new clothes."

Alex frowned. "But I don't have any! Father says he won't get me new clothes because I don't deserve them."

Washington gasped. He motioned for everyone to leave. "Well, I think you deserve new clothes. All the new clothes in the world."

"O-okay..." Alex shyly smiled.

~

"Can I get a book and paper and a pencil?!?" Alexs' eyes glowed with excitement as Washington pushed the shopping cart down the crafts isle at Mallmart.

"Of course, son." Washington responded, smiling. Alex thanked him and ran off, returning shortly with a large kitten notebook, a package of pens, and a book almost half of Alex's size.

Alex struggled to put the items in the cart with was already full with new children clothes, food Alex picked out, and many child-proof items to place around the house.

Was this what is was le to be a father? Taking your boy to the store and spoiling him? And that smile as Alex held up his new book- Les Misérables.

Washington's heart melted to the point of non-existence.

He loved this child more than anything in this life (except Martha) and would do anything to keep him safe.

~

It's kind of short, but it's cute :3