"Because Derek wants you to."

My heart drops to my stomach, I turn around to not face him and I ignore the tears threatening to escape from my eyes.

Dominic must be lying to me, he is seeing him, he is talking to him about me... and Derek told him to say this to me.

"I'm sorry," Dominic says as he reaches out his hand to touch me. I yank it off.

"Are you sorry for lying or for what Derek said?"

"I didn't lie. Shanice told me."

"Oh, yeah, because we can trust her." I scoff.

Some way, Dominic's constant lying to me annoys me even more. Is he telling the truth?

"Fine," I mutter, my eyes going dry just like my tone.

He seems confused by my sudden change. I turn toward the stairs and he grabs my wrist, again.

"Don't go alone. I will drive you back."

~

Dominic drove me back home. We didn't talk the whole time. I guess nothing kills a friendship more than mistakenly sending someone they care about to prison.

It's 2 AM and I don't even want to go back to my dorm, but my phone is there. I know everyone is worried about me.

I force myself to walk back to the dormitory hall and I notice there isn't anyone here. Probably sleeping early for classes or partying late.

I have one class tomorrow and I doubt I will get much sleep.

The elevator finally works, I go to the last floor and sprint to my room.

I realize I don't have the keys... I would have to wake up both Nicole and Irène by knocking-

"Finally!"

I turn to Irène and she is standing near the elevator, visibly pissed off.

Oh... I don't have time for this too. Not after what Alexander told me.

"Where have you been?!" she exclaims annoyed.

"Just doing some drugs with Felix. You know Felix, right?" I ask sarcastically, too tired to be nice to her.

She smirks, which throws me off even more, maybe sleep would be the better solution now.

Sleep on a bench in a park though.

"Who told you that?" Her expression changes from amused to wary.

"Find out yourself, since you know everything." I turn my back on her and grab the handle.

She walks near me, then waves the key around. "Closed. Nicole is sleeping in Antonia's room."

"Open the door." I spit.

"Speak, then."

"I'm so tired of your games, Irène. I'm so tired of not having one normal day."