Chapter 2

Jennie's POV

I smelled the Phat Kaph Rao that I'm almost finish cooking. This is Lisa's favorite Thai dish. To make it easier, It is a Spicy Thai Basil Chicken. I pour the sauce that I make earlier. I cook and stir it to the chicken for 2 minutes. I added the basil and stir it to be wilted. I smell it again with my hand gestures. I smiled. It looks so yummy. I badly wanna taste it with Lisa.

I hope she will like these. Not to brag, but I'm good at cooking.

I served the dish with rice and topped it with fried egg.

"Wow I love the scent!" Manang exclaimed. I laughed at what she said. She was at the entrance of the kitchen looking at the plate I was holding.

"I know I'm amazing. Don't praise me anymore." I replied jokingly. I serve it at the dining table.

"Lisa is really lucky." she said as she washed the remaining plates. I just smiled.

"Did you see Lisa?" I ask.

"She's in your room."

"Okay, Thank you Manang."

I went up to our room. Yes, our room. I could smell her scent. The Black Tie Eau De Parfum costs around $320.00 from Celine is what she often uses. The perfume is decidedly bold and unique that suits Lisa. The rooms smells like Lisa. So good.

My wife, Lisa is super rich. She is reportedly to be the first richest businesswoman in Asia. She is the CEO of the Manoban Industry. At the age of 24 she has achieved a lot in life. She have this luxury bags, perfumes, jewelries, clothes and cars. Even though she is so rich, she remains so humble. She doesn't brag about what she has. I love her for that.

"Lisa?" I call her. I found her lying on the bed. Maybe she's tired from work. She is a busy person and very workholic. Her eyes are close. I slowly approached and sat on the edge of the bed. She slowly loosen her tie. She still doesn't pay attention to me. I bit my lower lip. She suddenly opened her eyes and looked dimly at me. She gave me what-is-it look. I gulp and spoke.

"Let's eat. I cooked your favorite." I said. She sat up in bed. My heart pounded as she stared deep into me. She is beautiful with her messy hair. She shook her head and lay down again. My heart sank.

"I'm not going to eat." she said coldly.

I should expect that. She is always like this. Yep, I'm her wife but I can't feel it. We also fight often. I took a deep breath.

"Are we always like this Lisa?" I asked and stood up. I'm getting tired. I also didn't want us to get married but I had no choice.

"Don't start Jennie." she said with a loath in her voice. Why does she always have to treat me like this? Every day we are just like this. She often doesn't act like my wife. I am just a stranger in her eyes. Isn't she tired? I feel the pain every day, so this is the feeling when you are ignored. God! It hurts like hell!

Full of resentment I laughed and cold looks I returned to her. The way she stare me is dark and deep.

"All right." I said, giving up. I compose myself so she doesn't see that I'm hurt. Her face was blank.

"That easy?" There was a streak of astonishment in her voice. I simply smirk.

"Yeah. What? Do you expect us to argue again?" I ask. She stood up and came in front of me. My heartbeat started to quicken. Fuck. I lose focus when she's this close.

"Kinda." she said. She often carries her office habit here at home. Just like when her answers are short. I stared at her for a long time. She also doesn't cut her gaze. I can't read what's on her mind. I was the first to look away and turn away. Nothing will happen to us if we just keep staring to each other. I went straight to the door and came out.