Hyung are you awake already?

It was still dark out but Hongjoong had decided to get a head start on the day. He pulled out his laptop and plugged in his headphones, not wanting to wake San. He pulled up his media mixing software and got to work listening to their pieces. They had spent yesterday recording the songs to look analytically at each section for any tricky mistakes still finding their way into the music. He had planned on going through them later this evening but was too nervous to wait.

After he had almost finished analyzing their second song, he heard San shifting in his bed.

"Hyung are you awake already?"

"Yeah just working on some stuff."

"Aww we were going to get up early and surprise you!" sighed San, his eyes basically closed.

"What do you mean?"

"We were all going to get up before you and get you coffee so you could get right to work with us without having to wait, but I guess we didn't plan for you to be up before sunrise," laughed San.

He sat up in his bed and stretched, pulling out his phone.

"Sorry San. Guess I'm just a little nervous. The predictions were really exciting but I'm afraid of getting a big head, so I wanted to get some work done early. Maybe I can go back to sleep?" he laughed.

"It's okay, Hyung. I guess since we're up anyways, want to grab some coffee in the lobby?"

"I will in a bit, I'm just finishing up our second song. As expected, very few mistakes. Just a few stumbles on my part as well as a small stumble by Yeosang on the second verse."

"I don't know how you catch these things, Hyung. I don't think even the judges would notice," he laughed. "Well I guess we'll meet you in the lobby then! Just come down when you're ready."

Hongjoong waved as San walked out the door. After a few minutes he felt that the song was thoroughly investigated and he changed out of his sweats and headed to the lobby.

He reached the elevators and stepped in. Pressing the lobby button he stepped back and waited for the doors to close. Smiling to himself, he watched the floors count down. His members were too sweet. He felt bad for ruining the surprise but was still glad to have made it through the songs. He was certain that with just the few extra touch-ups they would win easily. They were well prepared and amped up.

As the elevator passed the fourth floor Hongjoong heard a loud crack above him and immediately felt his body being thrust into the air. The lights were flickering wildly as the elevator picked up speed, heading straight for the bottom of the shaft. And with a momentous crash, everything went dark.