Predictions announced

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," Yunho sighed, feeling bad for suggesting to read them.

"Of course they said something about San. He's fucking incredible," snapped Wooyoung, as he got up and left the room, slamming the door.

"Did I miss something? Who is San?" Mingi asked, startled by the sudden outburst.

Seonghwa didn't know how to answer and neither did Yunho. Who was San? Could it be Wooyoung's friend?

"I'm going to go check on him," said Seonghwa, following after him.

He thought he'd have to look around but when he opened the door he saw Wooyoung sitting right beside it, his head bent in his lap. Seonghwa turned back to the members in the room and signaled for them to give them a few minutes. They nodded and Seonghwa closed the door.

"Hey Woo, what's going on? Is San your friend that you told me about?"

"Ha, friend. I forgot I told you that."

"Did something happen between you two?"

"Oh a hell of a lot happened between us."

"I'm getting the sense that you weren't really friends."

"Yeah took you long enough."

"How long did you guys date?"

"Two years and eight months."

"So what happened?"

"I was sick of making him run around in secret so I ended things. I didn't want him to keep stressing about us as well as the competition so I took one factor away. And now he hates me and won't talk to me."

"I'm so sorry, Woo. That couldn't have been easy for you. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you to tell. I'm sorry I'm such an asshole and that I made your relationship a living hell just by being so hard on you. You shouldn't have had to go through that. Especially not alone."

Wooyoung didn't say anything, he just kept his head tucked into his knees. Seonghwa set his arm on his back and rested his cheek in his head.

"I'm really sorry, Woo. You didn't deserve to go through that. It's all my fault, I should've noticed."

"It's not your fault. I got scared that he was going to lost interest if we kept having to hide from everyone so I took away the option. And now he hates me anyways so it doesn't matter."

"I'm sure he doesn't hate you, Woo. You've clearly been together long enough that he knows you wouldn't do anything to hurt him if it wasn't in his best interest."

"Except for the fact that he won't answer my texts unless it's about anything but us and he keeps pushing off meeting with me so I can explain. I don't think he'll ever forgive me and I don't think I deserve his forgiveness anyways."

"Woo, I'm sure he'll forgive you when he hears you out."

"I think it's too late. We've had our run. Maybe we'll be able to find each other in the future when the time is right, but it's over for now. You know the reason I've been trying to help you with Hongjoong is because I know what it's like. And I know how to fuck it up. I don't want you to do the same thing I did, okay? We're going to fix your relationship, no matter what it takes." Wooyoung finally looked up, his cheeks mostly cleared of tears. He smiled at Seonghwa and Seonghwa did his best to smile back.

"Thank you, Woo. But I'm not going to stop fighting for your relationship either. I know I'm late but if I can still try to help now then I will do everything in my power. Don't give up just yet."

Wooyoung rolled his eyes.

"You sound pretty cheesy, Hyung," he laughed. "But thank you, even if it's a lost cause, thank you for trying to take it on. I'm just glad I can tell you finally. I've been wanting to for a while."

"I'm really glad you did."

They sat together in the quiet hallway until they heard the door to their room open slowly. Mingi poked his head out the door.

"Are you guys done yet? It's been a while."

"Mingi I told you to just wait!" Yunho complained, trying to pull him back in.

"We're done, sorry to make you guys wait," laughed Wooyoung and Seonghwa looked at him to make sure. He was smiling and it really did look genuine.

"Okay because I have to take a shit and I didn't want to stink up your room."

"Oh my god Mingi you don't just say that," Yunho groaned, his palm covering his face.

"That's so nasty. Please go to your room now," said Wooyoung with disgust.

Mingi nodded a grateful thanks and sprinted down the hallway followed by a cackling Yunho.

Seonghwa stood up and held out his hand for Wooyoung who gratefully took it. The two of them laughed at their friends and walked back into the room. The dejecting comments from the panel still hung over them but they were determined not to let it get to them. Just because they were the underdogs didn't mean that they were going to accept defeat. To be honest, he was conflicted on his desires at the moment as he didn't want Hongjoong to lose but also didn't want to lose himself.

But in the end, he still hoped they would win. They had worked hard to be here and deserved the title just as much as Hongjoong. And who knows? Maybe their new song could bring the spark they need to take the judges by surprise! The new song was definitely very different from anything else he'd ever written. It was entirely from the heart. He'd never had any experiences impactful enough to make music out of but Hongjoong was the exception. This would be the song to change the game. They could win. They just needed to keep practicing.