(I'll talk with Jahangir about the alliance today itself.)

“Tum chinta mat karo Asifa. Humari bachi humare paas hi rahegi. I would never sacrifice my beloved granddaughter for that stupid treaty. Humari bachi ko kahi nahi jane dungi main.” passing a small smile to both her daughter-in-laws Mahira begum assured them, watching both of them nod meekly, with a tensed face. “Aameen!”

(Don't worry Asifa. Our daughter will stay with us only. I won't let her go anywhere.)

Only time knew what future held.

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

“Allah! Arsal!”

Holding the tray of tea cups Aria walked towards the garden area where the younger generation of the Durrani’s were chilling, enjoying the pleasant whether, but her eyes narrowed in annoyance as soon as they landed upon Arsalan and she gasped screaming at him, making him stumble down from the chair, the plate of sandwiches he was holding swayed as well, but he held onto it with his dear life, landing on his butt.

“Kya hua meri maa ?! Mere kaan ke parde phaadne ka irada hai kya ?!” rubbing his butt, Arsalan glared at his older cousin but she ignored his words and snatched the plate of peri peri sandwich, from his hands, which he was earlier gulping down like a glutton, and scolded him for eating what was not his. “Ye kya harkat hai tumhari ?! Ye tumhare nahi hai!!”

(What happened my mum ? Are you trying to blow my eardrums ?!)

(What is this ? These are not yours!)

“They are definately mine!! Maine pehle plate pakdi toh, I stake my claim over them..” seeing threat looming over the love of his life, Arsalan Riyaz Durrani got up an instant and dusted his pants staking claim over the plate again, glaring at Aria for trying to separate two lovers.

(I held it first so...)

“No they are not!! I made these for Taimoor--” but he wasn't able to hold it as Aria swiftly took it off his hands and passed it to her best friend aka Taimoor Riyaz Durrani, who grinned smiling widely at her, and glared at his younger brother who was pouting sadly eying his love getting separated from him.

Served him well!!

That idiot was not ready to share even one bite!

“Hawww!!! Aur is chote se bhaai ka kya ? Use bhooka marne ka irada hai ?” both Aria and Taimoor rolled their eyes at his ‘bechara’ drama. He had always been like that.

(What about this younger brother of yours ? Do you want to kill him by starving him ?)

Arsalan was the youngest child of the previous nawab Riyaz Durrani, making him the most pampered child of the couple. He was the most favourite one but at the same time he was the most scolded one as well and it was all because of the mischief he pulled over others.

He was a brat! A sweet brat!

And this sweet brat had a bittersweet relationship with his cousin Aria. Both of them were always at loggerheads because he was her partner in all the mischief, but not even for once he was scolded. It was always her. And if that was not enough that party changer, always rated out about her expeditions to his older brother and her mother, to earn extra brownie points. It was his nature to present himself innocent when in actual he was the advocate of devil.

Yes, he was devil's advocate, because for her, the devil's title was reserved only for Nawab Jahangir Durrani!!

And although Aria loved this devil's advocate, it was enough!! He had annoyed her to the core. He had again rated out and this time it was her mother. He had told her about the previous incident with Jahangir, adding extra spice and her mother had taken her class because of it. She had even cried infront of her for troubling her laadla.