Of the Ocean's Rage

Start from the beginning

He'd be okay.

He would.

Pontus, he looked so small, so delicate. He seemed like he could break at any moment.

He almost died, he came so close-

"How's he doing?" Rhodos asked softly.

I swallowed, bringing the taipanu to my lips to suck some of the tea out.

"He'll be okay," I whispered. My hands were shaking still.

"That's good," Rhodos grew serious. "Do we know who did this?"

I shook my head as a flash of rage made my jaw clench. "Only that he somehow came across a Pit Scorpion."

And wasn't that terrifying.

Pit Scorpions were only found in the depths of Tartarus and yet somehow my brother found one. Those things are practically formed of Tartarus' power and poison. They could make even an immortal ill.

The only reason Percy survived to get treatment was his skill with purification magic. It made him resistant enough to survive an extra minute.

He'd be out of it for a few more hours, assuming the antidote took properly.

And it did, it had to.

After that he'd be on best rest for a few days.

We'd have to wait for him to wake up to learn what happened.

We had to wait to learn who summoned the Pit Scorpion.

To learn who I was going to kill.

I fingered the taipanu. He was obviously not safe on land. I wouldn't let him go back.

"Metua sent a Feparu to speak to Dionysus and Khiron," Rhodos said. "And to retrieve Perseus' things."

"Persi," I corrected.

She sighed, "Right, of course."

It was good that Metu sent one of my messengers, I should've done that, but I couldn't leave Persi's side.

He needed me.

He'd stay down here from now on.

He could attend one of the undersea camps instead, there was one here in Atlantis, or well, at the edge of the city.

He'd be safe down here where I could keep an eye on him.

And I'd make sure the one that harmed him could never touch him again.

OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO OO

Percy POV

The world rushed past as my eyes opened, darkness surrounding me.

I was at the pit, whispers surrounding me, but I couldn't see right, couldn't speak, where? What? Did he say something?

More speaking, but I couldn't understand it.

He tried to have me killed, did he, yeah, Luke said, well Luke didn't say that he had me killed but Luke tried to kill me, under his orders...

Where was I again?

Whispers faded, and I felt water curling around me, familiar pressure pressing down.

Hands cupped my cheek, I blinked, Okeanus-ari's face briefly swam in my gaze.

His eyes narrowed, his lips moved.