i

Harry huffs an annoyed sigh when the palace handler leaves.

"It's like she thinks we're morons who want to embarrass themselves in front of literally king and country," Louis grumbles, letting himself fall into the sofa and crossing his arms. "How often did she repeat: Ma'am like ham?"

"At least twelve," Niall says, tipping his chair back slightly. "But I was already annoyed when I started counting so a lot more probably."

"She's just doing her job," Liam defends, though he sounds less forceful about it than usual.

"If her job is annoying us, then yea," Harry says, scrolling through his phone. His grandma is texting about what an honour it is to meet the king and his family. Like Harry doesn't know and isn't nervous enough. He'll probably trip in front of the Prince and embarrass himself for life.

"I kinda feel like messing with her," he says, still, because Joanne had been especially annoying.

Yes, they were teenage boys. But no, they didn't particularly want to make fools of themselves. And Harry in particular was not interested in making a fool of himself in front of Prince Zain who was way too hot considering all that inbreeding.

Although there had been that phase during school, when Prince Zain had looked like the biggest dork, with those awful glasses, and Harry had still kissed the picture he'd cut from his grandmother's Daily Mail goodnight every night. His mum still had it and liked to show it to him when she thought he needed to be brought back to earth. It was fairly embarrassing. He was just glad no one outside his family had caught wind of it.

"Yea," Louis agrees, thoughtful, tapping his chin. "You should totally curtsy tomorrow! She can't be mad because you'd still be following protocol," he grins. "Technically," he adds as Niall starts cackling in delight.

"I'm not gonna do that," Harry says, rolling his eyes. Messing with Joanne was one thing, causing a scene was another. His grandma would never talk to him again and Gemma would never stop teasing him. Nor would the rest of the world. "I've done enough embarrassing things in front of cameras to last me a lifetime."

"What's one more?" Louis asks, not even trying to assure Harry that he hadn't embarrassed himself. "You've got the hair for it, come on. I dare you!"

"Louis," Liam says, while Niall is still busy laughing himself silly. "You'll get us in trouble."

"Eh," Louis dismisses him with a wave of his hand. "What are they gonna do? Cancel the tour?" He snorts, looking at Harry with that considering look he gets right before he makes them jump off things they shouldn't jump off of, or before he dumps water over their heads. "If you curtsy to the prince tomorrow, I'll let you pants me during our next show."

"Really?" Harry asks, considering. There's no way he's going to do it, but it would be fun pretending that he would. And Louis liked to embarrass them plenty but usually he wasn't very receptive of being pranked. Not without terrible revenge.

"Not the next show," Louis amends quickly. "That's tomorrow. Don't wanna get pantsed in front of the little princess. Might traumatise her and the the prince will definitely murder me in my sleep. But our next tour."

"You have a pretty high opinion of yourself if you think the prince would lift a finger to murder you. He'd have you assassinated," Harry says, eyeing Louis to consider how serious he was. Maybe he would do it. "Promise? No revenge?"