"Oh yes..let him complete. We need this information man" insisted Zayn. All the boys leaned in to listen intensely. 

"So Louis couldn't figure out where the salt was.. So he got confused and put baking soda in the chicken. So, you can imagine what the chicken parm turned out like" he continued to laugh.

Among the boys, Niall lost it and joined Harry and Louis' laughing marathon. Zayn and Liam started throwing cushions at Louis. 

"Bloody hell. No wonder it was so bad" said Liam

"Harry you moron, you still ate your full portion making us feel all guilty!" said Zayn. 

All boys exchanged laughs. 

"But you must have learned your lesson then, didn't you Louis? So I imagine Eleanor keeps visiting your place often too. Have you tried a basic dish for her yet? You know, without the mix up" asked the host. 

The simple word "Eleanor" was enough to jolt Louis back to the present. He realized he was leaning on Harry with his hand in his hand, still placed comfortably on Harry's chest. He quickly sat up straight removing his hand. 

"Yeah..Yeah she does obviously. but..but I am afraid I haven't cooked for her yet no.. I will. I will surprise her next time maybe" Louis said clearing his throat.

Harry heard what Louis said and was puzzled and then he realized all the other boys were looking at him as well; possibly looking for an explanation on his face. Why did Louis just lie? It was a known fact among the guys that Eleanor had never visited their apartment. It was louis who was mostly missing on day offs. But Harry didn't understand the reason behind this white lie. He could have easily said that it's the other way round, and he visits her apartment. Harry was confused but pulled himself out of his thoughts. Maybe louis wasn't really thinking and wanted to avoid cross-questioning. But Harry started thinking why was it that Louis never brought his girlfriend over? Never introduced her to him. Is it because Louis somehow, somewhere knows that it will make Harry uncomfortable? But it was never discussed. 

"Okay thanks guys. We hear you guys have this huge party today evening. Hoping to catch some pictures on the internet tomorrow. Thanks for joining us." said the host 

All the boys exchanged confused looks. Apparently modest had decided that there was going to be a party celebrating the success of their last album. They hated when they did these last minute intimations. No one liked that but they had no choice.

A minute after the wrap up Louis was called by someone from management to a corner. He sighed and walked up to them. 

"So you and Eleanor are supposed to reach the venue by 8:00 pm. You are supposed to wear red that matches her outfit, we have it ready. And do the usual cliched hand holding stuff..she will be there at the stylist from where our vehicle will pick you up around 7:30" said the assistant

"Wait..What? What? This was never discussed. Why does she have to be there? I  am not sure even 'I' want to attend. Forget attending with her" pleaded Louis. 

"This is non negotiable. We just picked up on how the interviewer was suspecting about your situation with your girlfriend. And we anyway need to start bringing her in to your concerts and events. Get ready" said the assistant and left. 

Louis just stood there frozen. He could not introduce Eleanor to his friends. To Harry. His brain stopped working. The truth was, he never really even had a proper conversation with Eleanor. They would just walk hand in hand from point A to point B and then go mind their own separate business. Although she seemed sweet and understanding, Louis just couldn't bring himself to speak to her much. He just always felt guilty every time he tried.