Chapter 23 - Archie

"Are you going to murder me?"

"Not yet, no," Loki led you down a gap between two stalls which furthered your suspicions. "Hold on,"

"Where are we going? To the moon?'

"Close enough," a flurry of wind shot past you to reveal a new plane of land. Still on earth, it looked to be, the damp mud sinking ever-so-slightly under you both. It was barren a bare but there was something off- no, off wasn't the right word, it was powerful magic. Like what you felt around Loki and Wanda, a small buzzing but this was like static and white noise in the summer air.

"Okay, let's practice, because I want to look sexy when getting stabbed," readying yourself in front of him, he rolls his eyes.

"Stop thinking I'll kill you, now..." he gazed to the stars. "Heimdall!"

"Heimd-" rainbow cascaded down from the heavens to beam you up. "LOKI!" You scream out, grasping at the air and finding a hold on his clothing. He laughed manically at your fear, hoisting you up to his side. "I'LL KILL YOU!"

"Mhm~" solid ground formed beneath, gold in every aspect of decor. "Great Heimdall,"

"Hurry along with your evening, only your Mother has been informed," an amber eyed man gestures to the exit.

"What the fuck?" you grasp at the side of your head, Loki quickly hurrying you away.

~~~

"So you take me to Assberg because the food is better?" A hood was draped over your head, Loki ensuring you looked like a normal Asgardian.

"Not necessarily, but whatever comes close to what I wanted to show you doesn't taste the same for the mere fact that ingredients differ," he let his magic shimmer on a more toned-down version of his armour, a cloak resting on his shoulders.

"Charming," you note when he holds an arm out for you to take. Both of you moving out from behind a large hostel and down the cobblestone roads, people spotting the prince and bowing every so often or lowering their head. "Is this what it feels to be royalty?"

"Somewhat, but there is a lot more responsibility in the palace,"

"Must be so hard having to walk from board meeting to another, watching theater while eating grapes and sipping wine, choosing what maiden to take to the ball-"

"You're insufferable, you know?"

"I take pride, sire," you curtsy mockingly as he nudges your side a little. "But seriously, Asgard is gorgeous,"

It was true. Lanterns floated above along strings decorated in coloured flags hung over. Women and men walked about minding their business as children scampered about to peer into stalls before their parents called them back. Ribbons flurried by as little girls ran with gleeful giggles, boys chasing them with kites until they reached the hill top, finding the perfect gust of wind.

Water seeped through the cracks of stone forming the path and road which formed one. Small odd animals resembling that of cats and bunnies mixed into one prodded the puddles that amber eyed crows sipped at. Stalls crowded with young adults with their dates scoured all around the market with ready-to-go meals for them to share down by the creak.

"Over here," Loki moves course to a little cart run by a couple. "Lady Anna, Sir Sebastian,"

"Your majesty!" the woman dusts her floured hands off and greets the prince with a bow. "Are you well?"

"As I could ever be," he kisses her knuckles and greets the man with a firm hand shake. "How is business?"

"As best as it could be," Sebastian smiles, holding Anna close as she laughs lightly from the soft kiss he placed on her temple.

"I'm very glad," Loki's smile softened. A little boy suddenly runs up from around a pile of crates to tackle the prince's leg. "Hello there, Archie, how big you've grown!" The god lifted him to rest on his hip.

"We heard of your sentence and recovery in Midgard! I told you weren't a bad guy!"

"Archie, mind your words,"

"Leave him be, Anna, he means well," Loki looks back and sees you staring with hooded gentle eyes. "Archie, Anna, Sebastian, this is Y/n, a hero back on Midgard,"

"Fantastic!" Archie scrambles away and holds his outstretched arm to you. "Your highness," he bows and kiss your hand, a laugh Loki couldn't help but melt at filling the air.

"I'm not royalty, Archie," you bent down to his height and pat his cheek.

"Well, you will be! Isn't that right, Prince Loki?" Archie turned to the god who's complexion paled and flushed.

"No, no, Archie, we aren't courting," Loki chuckles nervously as the couple snickers.

"Really? Isn't this Y/n? Remember when you got back to Asgard and couldn't stop talking about her-" Loki held his hand over Archie's mouth and dragged him away as you looked to Anna with wide eyes.

"Archie is just jesting, isn't that right?" Sebastian looks to his son who was pulling faces at Loki who was doing the same.

"Yes, of course, father!" He sings sweetly before elbowing Loki in the gut and running off.

"Why you little-" Loki sent a wisp of green to chase the boy who screamed playfully.

"Here we go," Anna handed over two plates holding small oval shaped sauce filled foods. Edges of the cooked dough were turned in to create a shallow dip, cheese coated over and a a colourful salad on the side.

"Thank you," Loki bowed his head in thanks before glaring at Archie as he bowed his head to the couple. "I will visit as soon as possible,"

Both of you set off to the docks where fishermen reeled in produce in giant glowing blue nets. Moonlight and stars seen beyond the Bifrost glimmered along the rushing waters to spill over the edge.

"So... you couldn't stop talking about me, hm?"

"Shut up,"

~~~

;)

- Anna ❤️