Stay Calm - Barbatos

Start from the beginning

"Whatever must be done to rid of it..." Barbatos said.

"Alright...just slowly back away from the rat." You said. Barbatos didn't even move an inch.

"Come on darling, I'm right behind you. Just slowly come to me, it isn't going to hurt you." You said gently.

Barbatos slowly walked backward until he could feel your presence behind him. His hand was frantically searching for you while his eyes were still glued on the little intruder in the kitchen. You quickly took his hand and he gripped yours tightly as he finally got to your side. He let out a small sigh of relief.

"See? It wasn't too much trouble. I'm proud of you." You smiled as you kissed his hand.

"Now to think of a plan..." You said as you examined the jar. An odd idea popped into your mind.

"Barbatos do you mind sitting on the counter just in case things go awry?" You asked sheepishly. Barbatos raised a brow. It was clearly a strange request and unprofessional for him.

"What exactly are you planning to-ugh!" The rat started scurrying around, startling Barbatos.

"Oh, how I hope the young master doesn't walk in at this point..." He said as he reluctantly sat on the counter.

You gave him a small smile before you got to work on catching the rat. You quickly cut some apples up and scattered them on the floor, waiting for the rat to catch its scent. As soon as it did, you somehow miraculously caught it in the jar and made sure it wouldn't get out.

"Got it!" You said as you showed Barbatos the jar.

"What should we do with it?" You asked.

"Burn it." He said as he glared daggers at the rat.

"Or...I can ask little D if he could take care of it. I'll be right back." You said as you dashed out of the kitchen.

A few minutes later, you came back in the kitchen and saw Barbatos still sitting on the counter, clearly looking uncomfortable. You raised your hands, showing that you didn't have the rat in your possession.

"And before you ask, yes I did wash my hands. Multiple times." You added

Barbatos sighed, relieved that the monstrous rodent was gone. You made your way to him and placed your arms on opposite sides of him, smiling a bit. His cheeks turned pink from embarrassment.

"Feeling better?" You asked.

"I suppose so. Though I'm deeply disappointed in myself for acting so unprofessional in front of you. Perhaps I should resign from my position." Barbatos said, looking rather dejected.

"Hey don't be so hard on yourself, Barb. Everyone has something they're uh...anxious around. I mean, I really hate (___). It makes me shiver just thinking about it." You said as you made a face. Barbatos chuckled a bit.

"So don't worry about anything. Today's events are a secret between you and me, okay?" You smiled.

You took his hand and placed it on your cheek. He chuckled and bushed his thumb against the apple of your cheek, admiring your features. You kissed his palm before letting go of his hand.

"I'm going to have to clean this kitchen thoroughly after we finish baking..." Barbatos said as his eyes scanned the kitchen.

"And I'll help you with that too, don't worry." You reassured him.

"Thank you for helping, my beloved." Barbatos said as he hopped off the counter.

"Haha no need to thank me. I know you would have done the same to me." You said as you hugged him.

Barbatos sighed, finally allowing himself to relax a bit in your embrace. He never liked to let his guard down around anyone but with you, he felt like he could be truly at peace. He kissed the top of your head and stayed there for a moment, trying to calm his nerves.

"Are you ready to start baking?" You gently asked him after a moment of silence.

"Yes...thank you for being so patient with me, darling." Barbatos smiled. You just laughed before kissing his lips.

"No worries, Barb. Now let's get these sweets done before the princess comes over. What was her name again?" You asked.

"Princess Gumdrop from the kingdom of Bou. And her appetite for sweets is quite insatiable." Barbatos said.

"Hm...that's a bit ironic don't you think?" You joked.

"Quite so. My...the stories I have about her and her kingdom..." Barbatos said.

"If it's not too much to ask...can you tell me some stories while we bake?" You asked.

"I would be honored to tell you." Barbatos smiled.

He began to tell you wild stories about the princess and the candied kingdom, and it fascinated you completely. He looked so happy to be sharing these stories with you, looking as if the rat incident completely slipped his mind. And even after that, neither of you mentioned what happened that day to anyone. Not even to Lucifer or Diavolo. It was your little secret.