𝟭𝟮. 𝗼𝗻 𝗺𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝘆

Start from the beginning

The Warblers and Sebastian had opened their eyes and realised that words and actions hurt. So, they agreed to not post a disturbing photoshopped image of Finn online as a threat to get Rachel to drop out of regionals, but to instead they decided to dedicate their performance to Dave.

Gathered in the auditorium, Mr Schue held a jar of peanut butter with one spoon in his hands. The Glee club sat around in a circle, reflecting on the past week. Taking it upon herself to speak up first, Mercedes asked the question they all were thinking. "Mr. Shue, why do you have a jar of peanut butter with one spoon?"

"Yeah, there are 16 of us here, and I'm only comfortable sharing a spoon with about half of you." Sugar commented.

"Well, it's come to my attention that our good friend Rory Flanagan has never tasted peanut butter." Mr Schue said, bringing the attention to Rory who had a small smile on his face.

Standing up, Mr Schue passed Rory the spoon with some peanut butter on. "Rory, if you don't mind."

At first, Rory was cautious, but after one taste he was in love with peanut butter.  "Oh, my God. That's the best thing I've ever had."

With a less amused reaction than the rest of the group, Kurt sighed. "Mr. Schuester, while that's incredibly moving, it's kinda been an emotional week for some of us."

"Yeah, Mr. Shue, what's the point of all this?" Finn asked.

"The point is Rory just had a brand-new experience, something as simple as peanut butter." Mr Schue explained, getting to his point. "You guys are young. I want you to promise me that, no matter how depressed you get, no matter how hopeless or alone you feel,
you'll try your best to imagine all of the amazing experiences you have ahead of you."

"Mr. Schue." Mercedes spoke up with a shake of her head. "Look, I know we're a little dramatic sometimes, but I don't think anyone will ever consider taking their own life."

"I did." Mr Schue admitted and the kids listened to his story, full of sympathy as he explained his experience. "So, right now, I want you all to think of something that you're looking forward to. Big things."

First to speak up, very sure of his big dream, Sam took a breath before saying, "Someday, I want to earn enough money to buy my folks a new place, so they don't ever have to go through losing their home again."

Charlotte smiled at him, holding his hand and squeezing it to let him know how proud she was of him.

"I'm most looking forward to meeting Rachel
Berry's children." Mercedes said causing everyone to laugh as Rachel put a dramatic hand over her heart, mouthing the words thank you.

"I want to be there to see my kid's first steps." Artie said, sitting up straighter with a smile on his face.

"I want to be there to see Sex and the City Part III." Sugar grinned getting a chuckle from the rest of the kids.

Puck was next to share his big goal. "I'm sort of embarrassed to admit it, but I really do want
to graduate high school."

"I'm gonna petition the Army to change my dad's dishonorable discharge status to an honorable one." Finn added, getting a smile from his sister who decided to speak next.

"I'm excited to hearing Mercedes Jones, or Santana Lopez or any one of you guys singing one of my original songs on the radio." She smiled with a small blush coming to her cheeks as Mercedes poured happily at her.

"I'm looking forward to graduating from Yale at the top of my class." Quinn contributed.

"I'm looking forward to the day when my grandmother loves me again." Santana frowned and Charlotte couldn't help but feel a deep sense of sympathy for her.