𝟚

┏━━━━━━༻♛༺━━━━━━┓

Because they are still humans, James!

┗━━━━━━༻♛༺━━━━━━┛

"ASTRAEA!"

     The young Princess turned around in an instance hearing her brother James' voice. She climbed up the little creek to find her both of her brothers riding a black horse towards her.

     When they stopped in front of her a small pout found it's way on her face. "Thank you for coming so soon."

     James blew a raspberry in frustration. He jumped off the horse followed by Elliot before walking towards the creek and peeking down. "I do not see you had any trouble."

     "That's because I'm a trained warrior, little brother." She tossed the sword down into the creek. "Call the soldiers and provide them proper treatment."

     "You want to provide treatment to some bandits who attacked you?" James asked walking back towards her.

     "They crossed me, yes. But they must have some reason to become thieves." she took Elliot's hand in hers before pulling him back next to her. He didn't need to see those injured men he was still a child. "They did all that but they still deserve a proper trial, so they could explain their doings. Give a reasonable reason for their actions."

     "Okay, alright. But you still didn't answer one of my questions, why you want to provide them proper medications?"

     "Because they are still human, James." Astraea took a deep breath. "We're chosen by the forces beyond human to rule countries, they gave us a power over our people. We can order an execution for a traitor, torture for thieves. Kill soldiers in a battle. But when it comes to the burial, we still ask for their family members to do their last rights." She looked down at Elliot and ran a hand through his hair.

     "These things can't be questioned. They are just done. It's our duty. Not as a member of the royal family but as a human being. We can't just let them die. They got their punishment for crossing me, they don't deserve to suffer anymore, at least not until they are proven guilty. There could be a hundred reasons why they are robbing people, they deserve to have a voice. If anything," she glanced at James for a second before looking back at Elliot. "one of these four could lead us straight to their leader. But for that, they need a chance."

     "You are too good." James smiled softly. "You know you can manipulate anyone with your words, right?"

     "Father did tell me that I have convincing voice. A voice that can influence people." She smiled bending down to Elliot's eye level. "How have your day been, Ellie?"