The Newlins' attention turned to you with her words. You'd curse her, but this was the plan. You unbuttoned the top button on your shirt and pulled it open to show Eric's marks. Normally you just wore one, but he'd given you a couple of extra the night before to add to your story. Once they'd seen, you buttoned your shirt back up as if you were ashamed.

You cleared your throat. "He was my boss. He was nice enough at first but then he started catching me in the backroom and feeding. He glamoured me into thinking I enjoyed it. That he loved me. I didn't know until he came to my house one night and Heidi caught him doing it. She told me everything and helped me escape." You reached over and grabbed Sookie's hand. "She saved my life. I truly believe that."

When you finished with your fantasy, you bent your head forward and wiped away a non-existent tear.

"I am sorry that such a horrible thing happened to you. But that's what we're here for is to help people like you. None of this was your fault," Sarah's voice comes.

"Thank you. I appreciate that." You kept your head down so you didn't have to meet their gazes again. Frankly, you were tired of looking at them.

Steve clapped his hands together. "Well, let's take a little tour, shall we?"

A tremor of unease crawled down your spine. You were pretty sure the Rev. Newlin's job description didn't include giving tours to the peons. You looked up at them, attempting to appear upset instead of untrusting. Sookie and you followed the couple out of the office to what you assumed was the door of the sanctuary.

Steve stopped before opening them and turned to face you. "Now, be careful when I open the doors."

You arched a brow. "Careful?"

He grinned. "Sometimes when we open these doors, so much love comes flowing out it just knocks you right over."

You were pretty sure that was the flood of bullshit actually.

"We'll be sure and brace ourselves," Sookie responds with a chipper smile.

When they opened the doors, you were actually impressed with the sight that greeted you. The large wall of windows at the back of the church allowed sunlight to flood the sanctuary. It was quite a stunning display. "It's beautiful."

"Isn't it? I just love this room. It just seems to glow in the afternoon light," Sarah said, obviously meaning every word.

"It's just so inspiring," Steve added.

Sookie fidgeted beside you and you knew whatever the reverend was thinking, it wasn't pleasant. You reached over and hooked your arm with hers.

He looked between the two of you. "Say have you two ever been to a lock-in?"

"A l-lock-in?" Sookie stuttered out.

You gave your brightest, fakest smile and channeled your inner Sookie. "Not since I was a kid. Gosh, those were good times."

"Well, we'd love to have you join us," Steve offered.

Whatever he was up to, Sarah didn't like it if her body language was anything to go by.

Sookie tugged at your arm. "We should go home and get our stuff so we can do the lock-down."

You looked down to cover your smirk. They were definitely behind Godric's disappearance then. You understood Sookie wanting to get out of here, if she'd confirmed that, but in all honesty you were the best option for getting Godric out of here without causing a scene.

"You have plenty of time. The lock-in isn't until tomorrow. Besides, we haven't finished the tour yet," Steve said.

"You wanted to see me?" a voice interrupted and Sarah only looked more concerned. A large bald man came to stand by the Newlins. He was obviously their muscle.