Untitled Part 17

The next evening, Eric took you and Sookie with him to meet with two of Godric's underlings: Isabel Beaumont and Stan fucking Baker. Isabel was a sweetheart but Stan was an asshole of the first order and a huge pain in your father's ass. You'd met him twice before but seriously doubted he even remembered. You were just another human after all. There was no reason for him to pay any mind to you whatsoever.

Sookie had styled her hair and wore a red dress with a bandana pattern on it. It was cute but it also screamed country. Eric had worn a black button up with black pants and his black leather jacket. In contrast, you wore white, the dress clasping around your neck which left the back open. Eric moved around the room, restless, his hand caressing your bare skin whenever he passed by.

He introduced the two of you to the other two vampires by name only. As you expected, Stan showed not even the vaguest recollection of having met you before. "You might have mentioned that Eric hired a couple of fucking humans, Isabel." He rocked on his feet a bit as he scowled at you.

"Now, wait just a damn minute," Sookie started and you placed a hand on her arm to stop her.

"You are human, Sookie. Pick something else to get pissed off about. I'm sure Stan here will give you plenty of options," you told her. She was used to dealing with Eric and Bill. Stan would just as soon rip her head off as listen to her attitude. As for you, you were kind of hoping he'd try it with you. All you needed was an excuse.

Stan stepped forward and curled his lip as he snarled at you. In a blink, Eric had him pinned against the wall with a hand on his chest. "That one's my mate. Treat her with anything but the utmost respect again and we will have an issue."

He released Stan and flashed back to your side. The Texan straightened his suitcoat. "You might have introduced her that way, Northman."

"I might've, but I didn't. Deal with it."

"Can we get back on topic?" Isabel asked.

"Are you certain it is the Fellowship of the Sun that took Godric?" Eric looked more than a little annoyed at the prospect.

Stan said, "Yes" at the same time Isabel said, "No."

The male rolled his eyes. "They are the only ones with the organization and manpower to have pulled this off."

"But they're amateurs," Isabel argued. "This is Godric we're talking about."

You frowned. "Do you know for sure that he was taken by anyone? It seems like you're just guessing."

"He wouldn't just leave. He has responsibilities here. Besides, we can find no trace of him," Isabel reasoned.

"Sookie and I can investigate at the church. It should be fairly easy to determine if he's there or not," you said. Eric shifted beside you.

"And just how do you propose to do that?" Isabel asked, her accent more pronounced in her irritation.

You laid a hand on Sookie's arm to keep her quiet. "It's what we're here for." Which really didn't answer her question at all, but you didn't care. There was a leak here and you weren't giving them any more information than necessary.

"It's not necessary. We just go in and take them out in one mass attack. Show them who's in charge."

"Hmm, vampire hating church gets wiped out. I wonder who did it? The Authority would skin your ass," you told him. "On second thought, that could be entertaining. Go ahead."

"Alskling," Eric said, a warning in his tone.

Stan's gaze narrowed and darted between you and your mate. He really wanted to say something but wisely feared the Viking beside you. As he should. Instead, he settled for, "Have we met before?"