New friend? (Ch 4)

Darkness.
It was all I could see.
Pitch black darkness.
So dark I couldn't even see my own hands when I tried looking at them. I tried to yell out a word but nothing came out, making me start to panic.
But suddenly,I found myself sitting on a couch.
As if I had always been sitting there. I look down and run my hands on the couch, feeling it's rough texture. I glanced around the room I was in.
The walls were a light gray with a few cracks and stains on them, some seemed to have come from markers. There was a large cabinet that had a tv in the center with pots of dead flowers, papers and toys at the top. And the wooden floor was scattered with clothes and trash, mostly socks and beer bottles. There was a door to my right that was slightly agape, allowing me to hear some commotion outside.
It sounds like a dinner party.
I could hear forks hitting the plates and some people laughing, which sounded very... disturbing. Every laugh seemed to end with a coughing fit and then a 'spit' sound, causing me to cringe in disgust.
'Where the hell am I?' I thought to myself.
'What was I... doing again?'
I stared at the turned off tv, unable to clearly see my reflection because of how dark the room was wondering what I should do.
Suddenly I heard the door creak and snap my head towards it.
It seemed like a child was the one who moved the door, now frozen in place.
I couldn't see her face much because of the light coming from outside the door.
"Y/N?" She asked, her voice sounded strained and glitchy. But it also sounded... familiar.
"...Y/N?" She repeated, much louder than before, startling me a bit.
I wanted to respond but for some reason my throat felt very tight. Then she started walking towards me, her face becoming more visible as my eyes adjusted to the dark.
"Pwease wake up" she says as I finally see her face, noticing in shock that it was horribly mutilated with many holes in it.

"Aaah!" I yelled out, springing up from the floor. My heart was pounding like crazy and I was covered in sweat.
"Y/N! You're finally awake"
I turn my head to see Ena, kneeling next to me. She hugged me while we were both sitting on the ground, her blue side taking over.
"I thouwght youw wouldn't get up!"
She cried, tightening her grip around my neck. I was happy that she was worried for me but I was starting to realize where we were.
"Wait Ena! Aren't we in a store?"
I look to see multiple beings staring at us and others just going about there day. One geometrical looking person seemed to be shaking their triangular head at us.
I put my hand to her arm, softly nudging it.
"No!" She whined, her grip only getting tighter "I won't wet go!"
God she was being adorable but I was getting embarrassed with these people seeing us like this.
And she was also choking me.
I rub her arm that was tucked under my chin.
"Ena... I can't breathe"
She gasps and let's go, looking at me with her eyes wide in shock.
"Oh no! Awm so sowwy! I didn't mean to h-huwt youw!" She starts shaking and rocking back and forth. "I awmost kiwwed you! I'm- I'm a howwible fwiend! I-"
"Ena it's alright!" I interrupted her, wanting her to stop panicking. "I'm all good! Look"
I get up and lift Ena by taking her hands with me, making her stand up with me.
"See?" I say while dusting our clothes off from the dust on the ground. Her eyes flash with static and then she changes to her yellow side, shaking her head.
"Apologies about that dear chum." She slumps over "I was just quite worried that the rapid change of locations may have damaged you in some way"
"Well I'm fine now" I take off my sweater and shake it to get rid of the dust.
"I guess I just passed out from the shock" I say while putting my sweater back on.
Ena looks at me, apparently still worried.
"Yes... I called out your name numerous times but you wouldn't wake up, so I assumed-" she shifts to her blue side "that I kiwwed youuuuw!"
Before I could say anything she turns back to her yellow side and groans.
"Agh. Sincerest apologies... again"
"It's okay Ena. You don't need to say sorry so much, I'm fine"
"Mmm" she just looks at me with a small smile.
At least she's in a stable mood right now.
"So..." I say while finally looking at my surroundings.

"this is 'slateboordwrld' huh"
the ground had a black and purple color scheme organized in a square pattern. The shelves were scattered randomly around the place and reached so high that it went past the foggy sky. It had so many skateboards hanging from them that I'm pretty sure it numbered in the thousands. Speaking of, this place was massive. I couldn't even see where the walls were to this place. It felt like the insides of a store was just placed outside after a move out. The occupants inside this place were real and living, not like it was in the mall.
It all felt strangely claustrophobic.