betrayal - henry hart

I fall to the tiled floor in the long hallway, filled with lockers. I gasp for air, blood spilling from my nose and lip. Looking up, I watch him stare down at me, his eyes filled with tears. His face said it all. 

Regret. Pain. And the worst one of all.

Heartbreak. 

"Henry..." I croak out but he instantly cuts me off. 

"I should have known. God, I should have known what you were. Who you were working for." He said pacing in front of me, watching me try to stand up. But it was useless. 

"I trusted you, Y/N. Only to find out that it was all fake." He spat, kneeling down to me.

"It wasn't all fake, Henry. I loved you, I really did." I say, tears streaming down my face. He nods his head no, letting out a soft laugh. 

"If you really loved me Y/N, you would have told me about his plan. Or Ray. Or even Charlotte. You would have told us everything."

"But I did!" I scream, looking up at him.

"No you didn't! Not until after everything!" He yelled, "You're just as evil as him, Y/N. You're just as manipulative, and worst of all, a lying bitch." 

My heart sank at his words.

"You don't mean that." I whisper, pulling myself up against the lockers. I groan softly, my waist bleeding into my shirt. 

"But I do." 

With that, I watch Kid Danger walk away, leaving me in the hall of Swellview High. After he was gone, I grab my phone in my pocket, dialing the only person I knew that would come to help. 

———————————————

"How are you feeling?" I hear behind me.

I sigh, slamming my locker and turning to the familiar voice. 

"Just peachy." I fake smile, walking away. "Why are you even talking to me, Jasper? I'm sure Henry told you." 

"That you two broke up? Come on, just because you're over does not mean that I still can't walk with you to our next class." He said making me roll my eyes. 

Right, just that he broke up with me. Not that I betrayed him and Captain Man.

"Honestly Jasper, I'd rather be alone more than anything. Especially after everything that happened." I sigh turning to him, making us stop in the middle of the hallway. 

It was then did I realize that we were standing in the same hallway. The same hallway where everything went down. I take a deep breath looking around, and finally meeting Jasper's eyes. 

"Actually, what happened? Henry didn't tell me anything about the breakup." He said. I wet my lips, wondering what to say next. 

"She was dishonest" I hear behind me, making us both turn around. I look up to see Henry. 

He instantly grabs Jasper, pulling him to class, not even looking my direction. 

"Henry." I say, starting to walk behind him but he doesn't stop. 

"Henry!" I say a little louder, making him stop in his tracks.  "Will you please just talk to me for a second?" 

He looks at Jasper, and he instantly got the memo. Jasper looks back at me and him one last time, making his way to his class. The last bell rang, signaling the beginning of the next class. 

We stood there, the hallway empty, just like last time.

"What could you possibly say right now Y/N? That you're sorry? That you made a mistake? Cause trust me, I've heard it all before." He began, turning to me. 

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying Henry. You have to know the reason behind it all." 

"What was the reason, Y/N? Was it for your own safety? Did you even think about mine? Or Charlotte's?" He came closer, my back hitting a row of lockers. 

"Of course I was thinking about you and Charlotte. If I didn't say anything, things would have been a lot worse." I whisper, noticing how close he was actually getting. "I realized what I was doing was wrong." 

"Why did you change your mind?" He asked. I didn't answer, looking down at the floor. 

"TELL ME." He screamed, slamming his fist on the lockers next to my head. I flinch, and look into his eyes. 

"It's because I fell in love with you! Okay?" I scream back, "I actually felt important for once in my life, I felt loved. And yes, maybe fake dating you was the original plan, but falling in love with you Henry? That was never the plan." 

He looks at me, his eyes softening. 

"But that's what happened. I fell madly in love with you, and it wasn't until the last minute did I finally realize it. I gave you that warning, and you saved Swellview and Captain Man. You saved us all." I say, tears falling down my cheeks. 

"And you think I'll just forgive you?" He whispers, his eyes becoming glossy. 

"Of course not, Henry. And I know you won't even trust me. But you have to know, I love you Henry Hart. I'm in love with you." 

He doesn't say anything, just looking at me with those same eyes that I saw on our first date. Those eyes filled with love.

He removes his hands that were trapping me into the wall of lockers, and I watch him begin to walk off. As he turns the corner, I think about what I was going to do next. 

I run after him, and once he heard my footsteps, he freezes. 

"Kiss me." I say softly, making him turn around. 

"Please," I stride forward until I'm in his reach, "Kiss me and make me forget." 

He just looks at me, his mouth slightly ajar. 

"I know what I did was shitty, but you have to believe me. I want to tell you my reasons for everything, and I will tell you. But please. You're the only one that can take my pain away." I cry grabbing his hand, in which he doesn't pull away. 

"Am I going to regret this?" He whispers, looking down at our intertwined fingers. 

"No." I whisper, watching him slowly lean in. 

"I believe you." He whispers back, finally placing his lips on mine.