☆ Chapter 9 ☆

Start from the beginning

"I know..I know.."

You frowned, hearing the rain begin to tap softly at the window. Rain..?

Your ignored your gut feeling that screamed at you to move, that this felt off..

Your mother sobbed quietly, crouching down next to your uncle's unmoving body, as you stared down at the scene. You then turned away. "Ha..he kinda is laying in a funny position. He looks like the letter 'C'." You suppressed a laugh. The laugh wasn't anywhere near genuine. 

"Y/N..why are you laughing, dear..?"

You then turned around, feeling like you were reciting words you already did before.

"To the world..I committed the crime. You found me standing over his body, and then you called the police." You spoke in a dry tone.

Your mother's eyes widened. "NO! Y-Y/N..don't you dare think about doing that! I'm the guilty one here?" She yelled at you.

"Hey, I'll be cool if I stay in jail for a day or two. People will cower in fear because I'd be that one girl that everyone's intimidated of because they don't want to get murdered." You told her with a small smile. "Besides..you're my mother. You'll bail me outta there in a jiffy. I'll trust you with that."

Your mother stared at you, distraught, before nodding.

"..I can't believe you did this, Y/N..stay right where you are. I'm calling the police.."

You stayed put, only for your vision to get blurry, and you fell backwards, the house shifting around you until it formed a jail cell.

Wait..

What was happening? Why were you at the Green Dolphin that you had dreamed about?

Was it that..this was the dream?

You heard footsteps quietly pass by your cell, as you watched guards walk past your cell. "Day two..she still hasn't come yet." You subconsciously muttered.

And a day passed.

Then another.

Then- 

"I'm tired of counting the days..why am I reliving this? The past is behind me..I don't care. Stop showing me this." You stated, talking to this odd dream world. So, it was true, your mother wasn't some sweet lady like she had been in this dream world. 

She was still a backstabbing bitch.

You clenched your fists. 'No, Y/N. Don't fucking start that shit. It doesn't matter anymore..stop..STOP it!' You covered your eyes. 'Stop crying! You don't care! You're not supposed to care!' You thought to yourself, removing your hands as you felt tears threatening to spill.

"I..I don't care about what that..that lady did to me. She made her own choices. I'm better of in jai-"

"Ms. L/N, you have a visitor."

'What?'

You froze. 

"It's your mother." The guard added.

Your head shouted at you to follow the guard and see your mother, but your heart..told you to..you couldn't remember.

So, you followed the guard.

Once you arrived, your mother immediately embraced you. "Y/N..I'm so sorry that I left you alone for so long, my precious baby! Oh, I'm so sorry?"

No, this never happened..but..you felt happy. She had come for you. 

"I've got enough money to bail you out." She then informed you cheerfully. The guard that had escorted you here slowly turned, before suddenly falling to the ground, beginning to scream in pain. "M..my insides! Why do they feel so weird?!" He screamed. You jumped back, shielding your mother as a pink haired male stepped into the room. "Odd..guess that guy was real. I rearranged his insides so he wouldn't be much of a threat. He'll die any second now."

You stared at him. "Hey..stay back. Get away..you're trying to ruin my happy ending, stupid villain.." You mumbled. "Y/N..don't you remember me? Idiot..it's Anasui."

Anasui..

Anasui..! Your eyes widened, as suddenly, you were pulled away from your mother. "Y/N. Do you remember us?" You turned your head, meeting a pair of blue eyes. Suddenly, everything came rushing back. Jolyne..Ermes, Foo Fighters, Freya.. You nodded. "..I remember." You stated. 

Your mother began to approach you. "Y/N..it's time to go home..don't you want to go home with me?" She whispered.

You then paused, before pushing away Weather Report, and walking towards your mother. "Y/N, don't!" Anasui shouted. You then crouched down, and pulled your mother into a hug. Your mother smiled, and closed her eyes, returning the hug. 

..Until suddenly she began to choke, her eyes widening as she grasped at her throat. You stood up, turning away. "I get it..you aren't my mother..you're just what I wanted her to be."

You then walked away, Suspicous Minds coming out of the fake mother's body as it floated by your side, before turning and looking at your 'mother' again, only to see the face of the woman who had stolen your dollar earlier. 

"Huh.."

You then quietly snuck back, and reached into her pocket. You then immediately grinned, your familiar witty smile on your face. "At least I got my dollar back. So..did you guys figure out the stand?" You asked.

Weather nodded. "I noticed..when that white haired woman was affected by Mango Tree first..it looked like Mango Tree grew." He stated. "Maybe its power over us depends on how many people are already affected." You suggested. 

Anasui frowned. "How do we get them to wake up?" He asked. You sighed. "By giving them the scare of their lives. I don't care much for killing those who don't need to get involved. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like..when you eat a dandelion.."

•••

It seemed like Mango Tree really did work. Freya laid in the tree, lightly snoring. She didn't have to do anything, until Jolyne came in. Which, if Miraschon had failed in getting rid of her, Freya would definitely take her out for good. She'd just have to put Jolyne to sleep, and then kill her. 

'I've already won..maybe I'll get released, and I can go back to sleeping 24/7..' Freya thought. It felt like she was getting lower and lower to the ground..wait.

Immediately, Freya's eyes snapped open, only for her to gasp as she saw three figures standing over her. "You three..but..how..? How did you..?" She whispered.

You glared down at her. "Rise and shine, asshole. You nearly made me lose my dollar, and you made me feel like shit." You snapped. "I broke free of your control, Freya Dion. Now I see how lame your stand is when it's just a little twig." 

Freya's eyes widened. "You.." She trailed off. 'She's..she's much more that I thought..' She thought, closing her eyes, before opening them. "I'll put you back to sleep..It might've been easy for you to break free from Mango Tree, but this time..I'LL KEEP AN IRON GRIP!" She shouted. "Mango-" A fist collided with Freya's jaw, forming a huge indent.

You looked at the source, to see Weather, who stood quietly, his stand behind him. He said nothing, only glaring at Freya harshly. Anasui glared at Frey, before walking over. "You know what..I'm going to beat the shit out of you without using my stand, bitch." With that, Anasui began to kick Freya's body repeatedly, and you soon joined in, delivering harsh kicks. After a moment, Weather silently walked over, looked down at Freya, and begun to kick her as well.

The golden tree withered, now merely dust on the ground.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Annddd there's Chapter 9! Next chapter might be more of a casual one. Since there were times in the manga where there weren't certain characters present, I will be doing the same for Y/N since she isn't necessarily in every chapter. However..she will be involved in a certain arc involving a green baby soon :) 

Y/N's backstory is quite confusing. That's on purpose though. Soon enough, it'll all be made clearer.

I will probably add another stand fight for Y/N in the future, one that might reveal more about Y/N.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter!