[Pu Shuang jie, what should I give a girl so that she will stop being mad at me? P.S. don’t tell Yuan jie.]

As Zhao Yuan was coincidentally beside her, she gave her a look, “Your brother treats you so well. Is he planning to secretly buy you a birthday gift? He told me not to tell you too!”

The corner of Zhao Yuan’s lips curled slightly upwards. Only then did the expression on her face soften.

Zhao Yuning probably wanted to apologize to her as well for when he accidentally yelled at her that day at the sports field.

However, Zhao Yuan was a little shocked. Zhao Yuning was always very direct, yet today he knew how to speak in a roundabout way.

Pu Shuang asked, “Quick. What do you want for your birthday? How should I reply?”

Zhao Yuan gave it some thought before saying, “I don’t really need anything. Just tell him to give whatever he wants.”

Thus, Pu Shuang replied: “Anything, but Shuang jie would recommend you to get a life size teddy bear.”

There was no reply after that. E Xiaoxia, Pu Shuang and the girls around them started to get jealous. “If only I had such a younger brother as well.”

Zhao Yuan smiled as she was in a better mood now. She stood up and packed her bags before saying, “My eldest brother is coming to pick me up. See you all next week.”

*

As for Zhao Yuning, he was currently dragging two of his male friends as they walked around the mall.

He excused himself for the last period after lunch just so he could come out to buy a gift. He wanted to give it to Zhao Mingxi.

He didn’t know if Zhao Mingxi was purposely avoiding him this week or that the academic building for those in Year 3 was too far from that of Year 1, but he never saw Zhao Mingxi at all while he was in school.

Of course, he didn’t relay to the family what Zhao Mingxi said about severing all ties with them as she had said it out of anger.

He was thinking that since their eldest brother was going to personally pick up Zhao Mingxi from school this weekend, she would most probably stop holding a grudge and agree to go home.

Therefore, if he said anything it would only make things worse.

Nonetheless, even without relaying her message, the atmosphere at home was distinctly bad.

The house became quieter ever since Zhao Mingxi left home. Aside from the fact that he could no longer eat Zhao Mingxi’s delicious dishes, he couldn’t find anyone to bicker with him anymore.

Zhao Yuan and Zhao Mingxi had varying personalities.

Zhao Yuan was gracious. As she had learned piano and etiquette, no one could find any fault in her. While Zhao Yuning liked and spoiled this elder sister of his, he felt that he missed the smart mouthed Zhao Mingxi— Only Zhao Mingxi would pull him by the ears to his bed whenever he would stay up to play games.

Although Zhao Yuning didn’t want to admit it, he had to confess that his heart felt empty for the whole of this week.

While he was still a little upset about how Zhao Mingxi had caused such a ruckus because of a small matter, the main point was that she didn’t even care about him anymore.